The Big 12 conference tournament continues Thursday as the No. 1 seed Kansas Jayhawks (25-6, 14-4 Big 12) face off against the No. 9 seed West Virginia Mountaineers (16-16, 4-14 Big 12) at T-Mobile Center, beginning at 3:21 PM. Kansas is a 9.5-point favorite to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Kansas vs. West Virginia Predictions
Kansas vs. West Virginia Betting Odds
Kansas vs. West Virginia Last 10 Games
- Kansas covered the spread five times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Kansas and its opponents have hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Jayhawks games averaged 141.8 total points, 3.7 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over the past 10 games, the Jayhawks are scoring 3.1 points less per game compared to their season average.
- West Virginia has a 3-7 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- West Virginia and its opponents have hit the over in seven of the past 10 games.
- The Mountaineers’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 135.8 points scored. That’s 9.7 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Mountaineers’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 69.9, 1.3 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Kansas vs. West Virginia Betting Trends
- Kansas is 13-17-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 9.5 points or more so far this season, the Jayhawks have gone 7-9 against the spread.
- This season, Kansas’ games have hit the over 15 times out of 30 chances.
- The Jayhawks record 10.2 more points per game (78.6) than the Mountaineers allow (68.4).
- Kansas has a 13-12 record against the spread and a 23-3 record overall when scoring more than 68.4 points.
- West Virginia is 14-18-0 against the spread this year.
- The Mountaineers have an ATS record of 1-2 when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs.
- This year, West Virginia’s games have hit the over 19 times.
- The Mountaineers score the same points per game as the Jayhawks give up to opponents (68.6).
- West Virginia is 9-5 against the spread and 9-5 overall when it scores more than 68.6 points.
Kansas vs. West Virginia Over/Under Trends
- This season, 13 of Kansas’ 30 games have gone over Thursday’s total of 145.5 points.
- This season, seven of West Virginia’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 145.5 points.
- The Jayhawks average 78.6 points per game against the Mountaineers’ 68.6, amounting to 1.7 points over the contest’s point total of 145.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 137 points per game, 8.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Jayhawks have seen a 142.3 average over/under in their games this season, 3.2 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 9.7 points more than the average over/under in Mountaineers’ games this season (135.8 points).
Kansas Team Leaders
- Ochai Agbaji: 19.8 PTS, 47.7 FG%, 41.1 3PT% (86-for-209)
- Christian Braun: 14.9 PTS, 50.9 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (41-for-107)
- David McCormack: 10.1 PTS, 7.2 REB, 49.3 FG%
- Jalen Wilson: 10.8 PTS, 7.3 REB, 48.7 FG%, 27.7 3PT% (23-for-83)
- Dajuan Harris: 5.4 PTS, 1.5 STL, 42.1 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (14-for-46)
West Virginia Team Leaders
- Taz Sherman: 18 PTS, 1.3 STL, 42 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (63-for-182)
- Jalen Bridges: 8.5 PTS, 42.4 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (37-for-113)
- Sean McNeil: 12.5 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (56-for-150)
- Malik Curry: 9.4 PTS, 44.6 FG%, 25 3PT% (9-for-36)
- Gabe Osabuohien: 4.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 42.2 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.