The No. 3 seed Texas Tech Red Raiders (23-8, 12-6 Big 12) are favored by 7 points when they square off the No. 6 seed Iowa State Cyclones (20-11, 7-11 Big 12) in the Big 12 Tournament. The teams will look to take another step toward an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket on Thursday at T-Mobile Center tipping off at 9:30 PM.
Texas Tech vs. Iowa State Predictions
Texas Tech vs. Iowa State Betting Odds
|Texas Tech||-7||124 points|
Texas Tech vs. Iowa State Last 10 Games
- Texas Tech covered the spread six times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Texas Tech and its opponents have hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Red Raiders games averaged 130.1 total points, 6.1 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Red Raiders’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is five points lower than their season-long average.
- Iowa State is 5-5 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Iowa State’s past 10 contests saw six go over the total.
- The past 10 Cyclones games averaged 5.3 more points (129.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their last 10 games, the Cyclones have a 62.5 points-per-game average, 4.8 points below their season-long scoring average.
Texas Tech vs. Iowa State Betting Trends
- Texas Tech has registered a 20-11-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 7-point favorites or more, the Red Raiders have an ATS record of 11-5.
- Games involving Texas Tech have hit the over 15 times this season.
- The Red Raiders score 9.7 more points per game (72.4) than the Cyclones give up (62.7).
- Texas Tech has a 16-7 record against the spread and a 20-3 record overall when scoring more than 62.7 points.
- Iowa State has put together a 16-14-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Cyclones have an ATS record of 4-2 when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- Iowa State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 14 times out of 30 chances this season.
- The Cyclones score an average of 67.3 points per game, 6.6 more points than the 60.7 the Red Raiders give up.
- When it scores more than 60.7 points, Iowa State is 14-8 against the spread and 16-7 overall.
Texas Tech vs. Iowa State Over/Under Trends
- This season, 24 of Texas Tech’s 31 games have gone over Thursday’s over/under of 124 points.
- This season, 20 games Iowa State played finished with a combined score higher than 124 points.
- The Red Raiders average 72.4 points per game against the Cyclones’ 67.3, totaling 15.7 points over the contest’s point total of 124.
- This matchup’s point total is 0.6 fewer points than the 123.4 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Red Raiders games is 134.8 points, 10.8 more than the over/under of 124 points for this contest.
- A difference of 8.6 points separates the average total points bet in Cyclones’ games (132.6 points) and this game’s over/under (124 points).
Texas Tech Team Leaders
- Bryson Williams: 14 PTS, 54.4 FG%, 42.7 3PT% (32-for-75)
- Adonis Arms: 8.5 PTS, 44.8 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (29-for-91)
- Davion Warren: 10.1 PTS, 1.4 STL, 46.7 FG%, 30.9 3PT% (25-for-81)
- Kevin Obanor: 9.8 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (41-for-124)
- Kevin McCullar: 10 PTS, 1.4 STL, 37.9 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (23-for-74)
Iowa State Team Leaders
- Izaiah Brockington: 17.5 PTS, 7.2 REB, 1.3 STL, 46.9 FG%, 39.2 3PT% (31-for-79)
- Tyrese Hunter: 10.8 PTS, 5 AST, 1.9 STL, 38.8 FG%, 24.8 3PT% (28-for-113)
- Gabe Kalscheur: 9.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 35.9 FG%, 24.7 3PT% (37-for-150)
- Aljaz Kunc: 6.2 PTS, 43.6 FG%, 39.5 3PT% (34-for-86)
- Caleb Grill: 6.5 PTS, 41.3 FG%, 37 3PT% (51-for-138)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.