The SWAC conference tournament continues Thursday as the No. 3 seed Southern Jaguars (17-14, 11-6 SWAC) face off against the No. 6 seed Grambling Tigers (11-19, 8-9 SWAC) at Bartow Arena, starting at 3:00 PM. Southern is a 6.5-point favorite to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Southern vs. Grambling Predictions
Southern vs. Grambling Betting Odds
Southern vs. Grambling Last 10 Games
- Southern is 5-5 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- The final score of the past 10 Southern games has surpassed the set total five times.
- The Jaguars’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 138.2 points scored. That’s 0.7 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Jaguars’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 1.7 points lower than their season-long average.
- Grambling has a 3-7 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Grambling’s past 10 outings saw five go over the total.
- The last 10 Tigers games averaged 137.5 total points, the same as this matchup’s point total.
- In their last 10 games, the Tigers have a 68 points-per-game average, 2.1 points above their season-long scoring average.
Southern vs. Grambling Betting Trends
- Southern has registered a 17-12-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Jaguars are 4-3 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- Southern games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 14 times out of 29 chances this season.
- The Jaguars average just 1.4 fewer points per game (70) than the Tigers allow (71.4).
- When Southern totals more than 71.4 points, it is 9-4 against the spread and 12-3 overall.
- Grambling is 12-17-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 6.5 points or more so far this year, the Tigers went 4-6 against the spread.
- Games involving Grambling have hit the over 15 times out of 29 chances this season.
- The Tigers put up an average of 65.9 points per game, just 0.1 fewer points than the 66 the Jaguars allow.
- Grambling is 7-4 against the spread and 9-4 overall when it scores more than 66 points.
Southern vs. Grambling Over/Under Trends
- Southern and its opponents have combined to exceed Thursday’s over/under of 137.5 points 17 times this season.
- This season, 14 games Grambling played finished with a combined score higher than 137.5 points.
- The Jaguars average 70 points per game against the Tigers’ 65.9, totaling 1.6 points under the matchup’s over/under of 137.5.
- The 137.4 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 0.1 fewer than the 137.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Jaguars games is 139.7 points, 2.2 more than the over/under of 137.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 0.2 points separates the average total points bet in Tigers’ games (137.7 points) and this matchup’s over/under (137.5 points).
Southern Team Leaders
- Tyrone Lyons: 13.8 PTS, 1.7 STL, 50.7 FG%, 42.7 3PT% (35-for-82)
- Jayden Saddler: 11.3 PTS, 2.2 STL, 48 FG%
- Terrell Williams Jr.: 9.7 PTS, 48.9 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (25-for-75)
- Brion Whitley: 11.6 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (64-for-177)
- P.J. Byrd: 6.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 37.6 FG%, 35 3PT% (21-for-60)
Grambling Team Leaders
- Tra’Michael Moton: 10.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 37.9 FG%, 28.2 3PT% (20-for-71)
- Cameron Christon: 13.5 PTS, 43.1 FG%, 41.6 3PT% (52-for-125)
- Shawndarius Cowart: 7.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.9 FG%, 37.8 3PT% (14-for-37)
- Prince Moss: 7.7 PTS, 35.9 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (19-for-62)
- A.J. Taylor: 7.9 PTS, 41.6 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (20-for-65)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.