The WAC conference tournament continues Wednesday as the No. 5 seed Sam Houston Bearkats (18-13, 13-5 WAC) face off against the No. 8 seed Cal Baptist Lancers (18-14, 7-11 WAC) at Orleans Arena, starting at 9:00 PM. Sam Houston is a 3.5-point favorite to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Sam Houston vs. Cal Baptist Predictions
Sam Houston vs. Cal Baptist Betting Odds
|Sam Houston||-3.5||131.5 points|
Sam Houston vs. Cal Baptist Last 10 Games
- Sam Houston covered the spread six times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Sam Houston games has exceeded the set total four times.
- The last 10 Bearkats games averaged 134.9 total points, 3.4 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- In their past 10 games, the Bearkats have a points-per-game average 3.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Cal Baptist has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Cal Baptist games have exceeded the set total three times.
- The last 10 Lancers games averaged 142.6 total points, 11.1 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Lancers are scoring 68.3 points per game compared to their 72.2 season average.
Sam Houston vs. Cal Baptist Betting Trends
- Sam Houston has covered the spread 18 times over 28 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 3.5-point favorites or more, the Bearkats have an ATS record of 7-2-1.
- This season, 11 of Sam Houston’s games have gone over the point total out of 28 chances.
- The Bearkats average 69.1 points per game, just 1.8 more points than the 67.3 the Lancers give up.
- When Sam Houston puts up more than 67.3 points, it is 10-2 against the spread and 14-1 overall.
- Cal Baptist has covered the spread 13 times over 29 games with a set spread.
- The Lancers are 5-3-1 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Cal Baptist have hit the over 13 times out of 29 chances this season.
- The Lancers score an average of 72.2 points per game, 8.5 more points than the 63.7 the Bearkats allow.
- Cal Baptist has put together a 10-8-1 ATS record and a 16-6 overall record in games it scores more than 63.7 points.
Sam Houston vs. Cal Baptist Over/Under Trends
- This season, Sam Houston and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s over/under of 131.5 points 13 times.
- There have been 19 Cal Baptist games that have ended with a combined score over 131.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 141.3 points per game, 9.8 points more than the over/under of 131.5 for this contest.
- The 131 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 0.5 fewer than the 131.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the Bearkats have seen a 136 over/under in their games this season, 4.5 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 11.6 points separates the average total points bet in Lancers’ games (143.1 points) and this matchup’s over/under (131.5 points).
Sam Houston Team Leaders
- Savion Flagg: 18.7 PTS, 8.1 REB, 43.9 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (70-for-195)
- Tristan Ikpe: 6.6 PTS, 51.3 FG%, 44.4 3PT% (4-for-9)
- Jaden Ray: 8.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.4 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (29-for-86)
- Demarkus Lampley: 10.3 PTS, 37.4 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (72-for-209)
- Javion May: 5.8 PTS, 1.4 STL, 49.3 FG%, 25.7 3PT% (9-for-35)
Cal Baptist Team Leaders
- Daniel Akin: 11.4 PTS, 8.4 REB, 1.1 BLK, 54.6 FG%
- Ty Rowell: 11.9 PTS, 43.2 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (73-for-177)
- Tre Armstrong: 11.8 PTS, 39.9 FG%, 35 3PT% (75-for-214)
- Taran Armstrong: 10.6 PTS, 6.5 AST, 41 FG%, 31.4 3PT% (22-for-70)
- Reed Nottage: 9.7 PTS, 40.1 FG%, 31.5 3PT% (40-for-127)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.