The MAC conference tournament continues Thursday as the No. 3 seed Ohio Bobcats (23-8, 14-6 MAC) face off against the No. 6 seed Ball State Cardinals (14-16, 9-10 MAC) at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse, tipping off at 6:30 PM. Ohio is an 8-point favorite to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Ohio vs. Ball State Predictions
Ohio vs. Ball State Betting Odds
Ohio vs. Ball State Last 10 Games
- Ohio is 5-5 overall and 3-7-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- Ohio and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The Bobcats’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 142.9 points scored. That’s 4.1 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During the past 10 games, the Bobcats are scoring 1.3 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Ball State is 5-5 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- Ball State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Cardinals games averaged 148.7 total points, 1.7 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During the last 10 games, the Cardinals are scoring 74.5 points per game compared to their 74.6 season average.
Ohio vs. Ball State Betting Trends
- Ohio has covered the spread in a matchup 13 times this season (13-17-0).
- The Bobcats have an ATS record of 5-11 when playing as at least 8-point favorites.
- Games involving Ohio have hit the over 15 times out of 30 chances this season.
- The Bobcats put up just 2.5 fewer points per game (74.3) than the Cardinals give up (76.8).
- Ohio is 6-8 against the spread and 13-2 overall when scoring more than 76.8 points.
- Ball State has gone 14-16-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 8-point underdogs or more, the Cardinals have an ATS record of 2-6.
- This season, 14 of Ball State’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Cardinals’ 74.6 points per game are 7.2 more points than the 67.4 the Bobcats give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 67.4 points, Ball State is 12-8 against the spread and 13-9 overall.
Ohio vs. Ball State Over/Under Trends
- Ohio and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under (147 points) 14 times this season.
- There have been 18 Ball State games that have finished with a combined score higher than 147 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 148.9 points per game, 1.9 points more than the over/under of 147 for this game.
- This game’s over/under is 2.8 fewer points than the 144.2 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Bobcats games is 143.5 points, 3.5 fewer than the over/under of 147 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is one point fewer than the average over/under in Cardinals’ games this season (148 points).
Ohio Team Leaders
- Mark Sears: 19.4 PTS, 1.7 STL, 44.8 FG%, 41.6 3PT% (52-for-125)
- Ben Vander Plas: 13.9 PTS, 1.8 STL, 45.5 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (60-for-176)
- Jason Carter: 13.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 1.1 BLK, 46.3 FG%, 25.3 3PT% (23-for-91)
- Miles Brown: 6.9 PTS, 42.1 FG%, 38 3PT% (38-for-100)
- Tommy Schmock: 6.9 PTS, 39.2 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (54-for-141)
Ball State Team Leaders
- Payton Sparks: 13.2 PTS, 8.3 REB, 53.3 FG%
- Tyler Cochran: 11.6 PTS, 1.9 STL, 45.5 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (22-for-65)
- Miryne Thomas: 11.4 PTS, 42 FG%, 36.3 3PT% (53-for-146)
- Luke Bumbalough: 11.1 PTS, 38.5 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (77-for-213)
- Demarius Jacobs: 8.2 PTS, 51.3 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (21-for-63)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.