The No. 4 seed Morgan State Bears (12-13, 7-6 MEAC) are 1.5-point favorites in the MEAC Tournament against the No. 5 seed South Carolina State Bulldogs (15-15, 7-7 MEAC) on Thursday at Norfolk Scope. The contest tips at 6:00 PM, with both teams hoping to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Morgan State vs. South Carolina State Predictions
Morgan State vs. South Carolina State Betting Odds
|Morgan State||-1.5||143 points|
Morgan State vs. South Carolina State Last 10 Games
- Morgan State is 6-4 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- Morgan State and its opponents have hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Bears games averaged 3.1 more points (146.1) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Bears have scored 2.9 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- South Carolina State is 5-5 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- The final combined score of the past 10 Bulldogs games has exceeded the set total twice.
- The last 10 Bulldogs games averaged 142.5 total points, 0.5 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over the last 10 games, the Bulldogs are scoring 66.6 points per game compared to their 71.7 season average.
Morgan State vs. South Carolina State Betting Trends
- Morgan State has put together an 8-13-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Bears are 4-5 ATS when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- This season, Morgan State’s games have hit the over 11 times out of 21 chances.
- The Bears average 75.7 points per game, just 3.4 more points than the 72.3 the Bulldogs allow.
- When Morgan State scores more than 72.3 points, it is 4-5 against the spread and 10-3 overall.
- South Carolina State has compiled a 15-11-2 record against the spread this season.
- The Bulldogs have an ATS record of 12-7-2 when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- South Carolina State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 11 times out of 29 chances this year.
- The Bulldogs score just 0.7 fewer points per game (71.7) than the Bears allow (72.4).
- South Carolina State is 5-4-1 against the spread and 7-5 overall when it scores more than 72.4 points.
Morgan State vs. South Carolina State Over/Under Trends
- This season, 12 of Morgan State’s 21 games have gone over Thursday’s total of 143 points.
- This season, nine games South Carolina State played finished with a combined score higher than 143 points.
- The Bears average 75.7 points per game against the Bulldogs’ 71.7, amounting to 4.4 points over the contest’s total of 143.
- The 144.7 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 1.7 more than the 143 total in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Bears games is 146 points, three more than the over/under of 143 points for this contest.
- A difference of two points separates the average total points bet in Bulldogs’ games (145 points) and this game’s over/under (143 points).
Morgan State Team Leaders
- Lagio Grantsaan: 10.7 PTS, 49 FG%, 28.3 3PT% (13-for-46)
- De’Torrion Ware: 10.9 PTS, 34.9 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (47-for-145)
- Malik Miller: 12.1 PTS, 8.7 REB, 1.6 STL, 52.7 FG%
- Sheryn Devonish: 6.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 36.3 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (2-for-9)
- Isaiah Burke: 8.2 PTS, 1.5 STL, 47.6 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (26-for-69)
South Carolina State Team Leaders
- Antonio Madlock: 12.5 PTS, 1.4 STL, 40.1 FG%, 28.4 3PT% (21-for-74)
- Jemal Davis: 9.3 PTS, 1.5 BLK, 40.6 FG%, 22.9 3PT% (8-for-35)
- Edward Oliver-Hampton: 7.8 PTS, 47.4 FG%, 35 3PT% (7-for-20)
- Deaquan Williams: 6.3 PTS, 45.5 FG%
- Rahsaan Edwards: 8.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 35.5 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (41-for-122)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.