The No. 10 seed Mississippi State Bulldogs (17-14, 8-10 SEC) are favored by 4 points in the SEC Tournament when they face off the No. 7 seed South Carolina Gamecocks (18-12, 9-9 SEC) Thursday at Amalie Arena, beginning at 6:00 PM. The winner moves one game closer to claiming a guaranteed place in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Mississippi State vs. South Carolina Predictions
Mississippi State vs. South Carolina Betting Odds
|Mississippi State||-4||136 points|
Mississippi State vs. South Carolina Last 10 Games
- Mississippi State has a 4-6 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- Mississippi State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of those 10 games.
- The Bulldogs’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 137.3 points scored. That’s 1.3 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Bulldogs’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 6.3 points lower than their season-long average.
- South Carolina is 6-4 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- South Carolina and its opponents have hit the over in nine of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Gamecocks games averaged 5.7 more points (141.7) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over the last 10 games, the Gamecocks are scoring 71.2 points per game compared to their 71.6 season average.
Mississippi State vs. South Carolina Betting Trends
- Mississippi State is 15-17-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 4 points or more, the Bulldogs have gone 10-7 against the spread.
- Mississippi State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 16 times out of 32 chances this season.
- The Bulldogs average only one more point per game (71.2) than the Gamecocks give up (70.2).
- When Mississippi State scores more than 70.2 points, it is 12-6 against the spread and 13-5 overall.
- South Carolina has compiled a 16-12-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 4-point underdogs or more, the Gamecocks have an ATS record of 7-8.
- This year, South Carolina’s games have hit the over 15 times out of 28 chances.
- The Gamecocks’ 71.6 points per game are only 4.9 more points than the 66.7 the Bulldogs give up.
- South Carolina is 13-3 against the spread and 14-3 overall when it scores more than 66.7 points.
Mississippi State vs. South Carolina Over/Under Trends
- A total of 15 Mississippi State games this season have gone over Thursday’s total of 136 points.
- In South Carolina’s 28 games this season, 19 have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s point total of 136.
- The Bulldogs average 71.2 points per game against the Gamecocks’ 71.6, amounting to 6.8 points over the contest’s over/under of 136.
- This game’s over/under is 0.9 fewer points than the 136.9 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the Bulldogs have seen a 137.9 over/under in their games this season, 1.9 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 6.5 points fewer than the average over/under in Gamecocks’ games this season (142.5 points).
Mississippi State Team Leaders
- Iverson Molinar: 17.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 46.2 FG%, 25.7 3PT% (26-for-101)
- Garrison Brooks: 10.5 PTS, 46.1 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (21-for-64)
- D.J. Jeffries: 9.4 PTS, 42.3 FG%, 29 3PT% (27-for-93)
- Shakeel Moore: 8.6 PTS, 1.7 STL, 40 FG%, 32 3PT% (40-for-125)
- Tolu Smith: 13.8 PTS, 57.9 FG%
South Carolina Team Leaders
- Erik Stevenson: 11.4 PTS, 36.7 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (56-for-170)
- James Reese: 10.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.6 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (50-for-145)
- Devin Carter: 9 PTS, 41.5 FG%, 27.6 3PT% (16-for-58)
- Jermaine Couisnard: 12.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.6 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (38-for-119)
- Wildens Leveque: 6.8 PTS, 60.3 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.