The No. 7 seed Michigan State Spartans (20-11, 11-9 Big Ten) are favored by 3 points in their Big Ten Tournament matchup against the No. 10 seed Maryland Terrapins (15-16, 7-13 Big Ten) on Thursday at Gainbridge Fieldhouse, starting at 6:30 PM. The winner will move one step closer to earning an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Michigan State vs. Maryland Predictions
Michigan State vs. Maryland Betting Odds
|Michigan State||-3||142.5 points|
Michigan State vs. Maryland Last 10 Games
- Michigan State covered the spread three times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Michigan State games has surpassed the set total six times.
- The Spartans’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 140.8 points scored. That’s 1.7 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During the last 10 games, the Spartans are scoring 3.8 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Maryland is 5-5 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Maryland and its opponents have hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The Terrapins’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 140 points scored. That’s 2.5 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Terrapins’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 72.5, 1.6 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Michigan State vs. Maryland Betting Trends
- Michigan State has compiled a 15-15-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Spartans have an ATS record of 11-8 when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- Games involving Michigan State have hit the over 16 times out of 30 chances this season.
- The Spartans record 72.1 points per game, only 1.6 more points than the 70.5 the Terrapins give up.
- Michigan State has a 12-5 record against the spread and a 16-2 record overall when putting up more than 70.5 points.
- Maryland has gone 14-17-0 against the spread this season.
- The Terrapins have an ATS record of 8-6 when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- This year, Maryland’s games have hit the over 15 times.
- The Terrapins’ 70.9 points per game are just 2.6 more points than the 68.3 the Spartans allow to opponents.
- Maryland has put together a 9-6 ATS record and a 12-3 overall record in games it scores more than 68.3 points.
Michigan State vs. Maryland Over/Under Trends
- This season, 13 of Michigan State’s 30 games have gone over Thursday’s over/under of 142.5 points.
- This season, 12 of Maryland’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 142.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 143 points per game, 0.5 points more than the point total of 142.5 for this game.
- These two teams give up a combined 138.8 points per game, 3.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Spartans games is 140 points, 2.5 fewer than the over/under of 142.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is four points more than the average over/under in Terrapins’ games this season (138.5 points).
Michigan State Team Leaders
- Marcus Bingham: 8.9 PTS, 2.2 BLK, 54.5 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (14-for-32)
- Gabe Brown: 11.5 PTS, 41 FG%, 37 3PT% (61-for-165)
- Malik Hall: 9.6 PTS, 53.8 FG%, 48.3 3PT% (28-for-58)
- Tyson Walker: 8.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.9 FG%, 52.5 3PT% (32-for-61)
- A.J Hoggard: 6.5 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 26.9 3PT% (7-for-26)
Maryland Team Leaders
- Fatts Russell: 14.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.1 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (43-for-125)
- Donta Scott: 12.5 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 28.9 3PT% (37-for-128)
- Eric Ayala: 14.6 PTS, 38.7 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (72-for-208)
- Hakim Hart: 9.9 PTS, 1.5 STL, 52.8 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (30-for-89)
- Qudus Wahab: 7.9 PTS, 56.2 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.