The No. 2 seed Kent State Golden Flashes (21-9, 16-4 MAC) and the No. 7 seed Miami (OH) RedHawks (14-17, 8-12 MAC) play in the MAC Tournament Thursday at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse, beginning at 4:00 PM. Kent State is favored by 5.5 points. Both teams are looking to take another step toward a conference title and an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Kent State vs. Miami (OH) Predictions
Kent State vs. Miami (OH) Betting Odds
|Kent State||-5.5||141 points|
Kent State vs. Miami (OH) Last 10 Games
- Kent State covered the spread eight times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 10-0 record straight-up in those games.
- Kent State’s last 10 games saw four go over the total.
- The past 10 Golden Flashes games averaged 1.2 fewer points (139.8) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their past 10 games, the Golden Flashes have scored 4.4 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Miami (OH) covered the spread four times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Miami (OH)’s past 10 games saw six go over the total.
- The last 10 RedHawks games averaged 146.4 total points, 5.4 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the RedHawks are scoring 74.8 points per game compared to their 75.3 season average.
Kent State vs. Miami (OH) Betting Trends
- Kent State has gone 15-11-2 against the spread this season.
- The Golden Flashes have an ATS record of 5-5-2 when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- Kent State’s games have gone over the total 10 times out of 28 chances this season.
- The 71.2 points per game the Golden Flashes score are the same as the RedHawks give up.
- When Kent State puts up more than 73.1 points, it is 8-1-1 against the spread and 11-1 overall.
- Miami (OH) is 9-19-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 5.5 points or more so far this year, the RedHawks went 3-4 against the spread.
- This season, Miami (OH)’s games have hit the over 17 times out of 28 chances.
- The RedHawks’ 75.3 points per game are 11.2 more points than the 64.1 the Golden Flashes give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 64.1 points, Miami (OH) is 8-14 against the spread and 13-12 overall.
Kent State vs. Miami (OH) Over/Under Trends
- This season, Kent State games have hit the over on this matchup’s 141-point total 11 times.
- A total of 20 of Miami (OH)’s games finished with a combined score over 141 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 146.5 points per game, 5.5 points more than the point total of 141 for this matchup.
- This matchup’s over/under is 3.8 fewer points than the 137.2 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Golden Flashes games is 138.9 points, 2.1 fewer than the over/under of 141 points for this contest.
- RedHawks’ games have a total points bet of 144.4 points this season, 3.4 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Kent State Team Leaders
- Sincere Carry: 18.7 PTS, 1.5 STL, 44.7 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (72-for-199)
- Malique Jacobs: 12 PTS, 7.6 REB, 1.5 STL, 39.1 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (18-for-66)
- Justyn Hamilton: 8.2 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 52.8 FG%
- Giovanni Santiago: 8.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 38.8 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (49-for-138)
- Tervell Beck: 6.7 PTS, 46.9 FG%, 37 3PT% (27-for-73)
Miami (OH) Team Leaders
- Dae Dae Grant: 17.5 PTS, 42.7 FG%, 35 3PT% (69-for-197)
- Mekhi Lairy: 13.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.3 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (51-for-155)
- Precious Ayah: 9 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 67.9 FG%
- Dalonte Brown: 11.6 PTS, 44.2 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (46-for-127)
- Isaiah Coleman-Lands: 6.6 PTS, 38.2 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (53-for-142)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.