The Big East conference tournament continues Wednesday as the No. 8 seed Xavier Musketeers (18-12, 8-11 Big East) face off against the No. 9 seed Butler Bulldogs (13-18, 6-14 Big East) at Madison Square Garden, starting at 4:30 PM. Xavier is a 6.5-point favorite to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Xavier vs. Butler Predictions
Xavier vs. Butler Betting Odds
Xavier vs. Butler Last 10 Games
- Xavier is 4-6 overall and 3-7-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- The final score of the past 10 Xavier games has exceeded the set total five times.
- The Musketeers’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 141.1 points scored. That’s 9.1 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Musketeers have scored 0.5 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Butler has a 2-8 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Butler’s last 10 outings saw seven go over the total.
- The past 10 Bulldogs games averaged 1.2 more points (133.2) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Bulldogs are scoring 65 points per game compared to their 63.1 season average.
Xavier vs. Butler Betting Trends
- Xavier is 13-14-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 6.5 points or more so far this season, the Musketeers went 8-8 against the spread.
- Games involving Xavier have hit the over 11 times out of 27 chances this season.
- The 73.7 points per game the Musketeers put up are 7.2 more points than the Bulldogs give up (66.5).
- When Xavier scores more than 66.5 points, it is 12-6 against the spread and 16-4 overall.
- Butler has covered the spread 14 times in 30 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 6.5-point underdogs or more, the Bulldogs have an ATS record of 6-8.
- This season, 15 of Butler’s games have gone over the point total out of 30 chances.
- The Bulldogs score 5.5 fewer points per game (63.1) than the Musketeers allow their opponents to score (68.6).
- Butler has put together a 6-3 ATS record and a 7-3 overall record in games it scores more than 68.6 points.
Xavier vs. Butler Over/Under Trends
- Xavier and its opponents have combined to hit the over on Wednesday’s total of 132 points 21 times this season.
- This season, 11 games Butler played finished with a combined score over 132 points.
- The Musketeers average 73.7 points per game against the Bulldogs’ 63.1, amounting to 4.8 points over the contest’s total of 132.
- These two teams surrender a combined 135.1 points per game, 3.1 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Musketeers games is 140.3 points, 8.3 more than the over/under of 132 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 0.6 points more than the average over/under in Bulldogs’ games this season (131.4 points).
Xavier Team Leaders
- Jack Nunge: 13.1 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.4 BLK, 52 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (28-for-82)
- Colby Jones: 11 PTS, 7.6 REB, 1.5 STL, 46.7 FG%, 27.9 3PT% (17-for-61)
- Paul Scruggs: 11.9 PTS, 1.4 STL, 42.5 FG%, 33 3PT% (30-for-91)
- Zach Freemantle: 9.8 PTS, 45.6 FG%, 20.5 3PT% (8-for-39)
- Nate Johnson: 10.4 PTS, 42.3 FG%, 40.8 3PT% (60-for-147)
Butler Team Leaders
- Aaron Thompson: 8.2 PTS, 1.3 STL, 47.1 FG%, 24 3PT% (6-for-25)
- Chuck Harris: 10.7 PTS, 36.5 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (45-for-146)
- Bryce Nze: 8.5 PTS, 45.6 FG%, 28 3PT% (14-for-50)
- Jayden Taylor: 8.5 PTS, 38.4 FG%, 30.3 3PT% (30-for-99)
- Bryce Golden: 8.9 PTS, 51.7 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (22-for-62)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.