The No. 2 seed UMBC Retrievers (17-13, 11-7 America East) are favored by 4 points when they meet the No. 4 seed Hartford Hawks (12-19, 9-9 America East) in the America East Tournament Wednesday at UMBC Event Center, beginning at 7:00 PM. A guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket is on the line as these teams look to claim the America East championship.
UMBC vs. Hartford Predictions
UMBC vs. Hartford Betting Odds
UMBC vs. Hartford Last 10 Games
- UMBC has a 7-3 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- UMBC and its opponents have combined to hit the over in eight of those 10 games.
- The Retrievers’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 142.1 points scored. That’s 7.4 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Retrievers are scoring 5.4 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Hartford covered the spread six times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Hartford games have exceeded the set total six times.
- The past 10 Hawks games averaged 10.6 fewer points (138.9) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Hawks’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 73.1, three points higher than their season-long per-game average.
UMBC vs. Hartford Betting Trends
- UMBC has covered the spread 14 times in 27 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 4-point favorites or more, the Retrievers have an ATS record of 5-2.
- Games involving UMBC have hit the over 15 times out of 27 chances this season.
- The Retrievers average just 2.6 more points per game (74.5) than the Hawks give up (71.9).
- UMBC has a 10-0 record against the spread and a 13-1 record overall when scoring more than 71.9 points.
- Hartford has covered the spread 14 times this season (14-15-0).
- In games they have played as 4-point underdogs or more, the Hawks have an ATS record of 6-4.
- Hartford games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 18 times out of 30 chances this year.
- The Hawks put up just 2.1 fewer points per game (70.1) than the Retrievers give up to opponents (72.2).
- Hartford is 6-6 against the spread and 6-7 overall when it scores more than 72.2 points.
UMBC vs. Hartford Over/Under Trends
- UMBC and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s total (149.5 points) 13 times this season.
- This season, nine of Hartford’s games have ended with a score higher than 149.5 points.
- The over/under for the matchup of 149.5 is 4.9 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Retrievers (74.5 points per game) and the Hawks (70.1 points per game).
- The 144.1 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 5.4 fewer than the 149.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Retrievers games is 7.5 points fewer than the over/under of 149.5 points in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 11.7 points more than the average over/under in Hawks’ games this season (137.8 points).
UMBC Team Leaders
- Keondre Kennedy: 15.2 PTS, 49.9 FG%, 41 3PT% (57-for-139)
- Darnell Rogers: 11.8 PTS, 36.9 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (51-for-147)
- L.J. Owens: 11.5 PTS, 43.4 FG%, 43 3PT% (64-for-149)
- Yaw Obeng-Mensah: 7.1 PTS, 54.3 FG%
- Jacob Boonyasith: 6.4 PTS, 41.2 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (42-for-112)
Hartford Team Leaders
- Moses Flowers: 14.4 PTS, 1.5 STL, 49.1 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (43-for-117)
- Austin Williams: 16.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 50.3 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (24-for-76)
- David Shriver: 10.8 PTS, 44.7 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (86-for-206)
- Traci Carter: 9.4 PTS, 1.7 STL, 33.5 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (36-for-94)
- Hunter Marks: 11.7 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 55.8 FG%, 42.6 3PT% (20-for-47)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.