The No. 11 seed Rhode Island Rams (14-15, 5-12 A-10) and the No. 14 seed Duquesne Dukes (6-23, 1-16 A-10) face off in the A-10 Tournament Wednesday at Capital One Arena, beginning at 3:30 PM. Rhode Island is favored by 9.5 points. Both teams are looking to take another step toward a conference title and an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Rhode Island vs. Duquesne Predictions
Rhode Island vs. Duquesne Betting Odds
|Rhode Island||-9.5||130.5 points|
Rhode Island vs. Duquesne Last 10 Games
- Rhode Island covered the spread twice in its last 10 contests while putting up a 2-8 record straight-up in those games.
- Rhode Island and its opponents have hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Rams games averaged 1.6 more points (132.1) than this matchup’s point total.
- During the past 10 games, the Rams are scoring 3.5 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Duquesne has a 0-10 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Duquesne games have surpassed the set total five times.
- The Dukes’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 132.6 points scored. That’s 2.1 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Dukes’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 61.1, 3.7 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Rhode Island vs. Duquesne Betting Trends
- Rhode Island has covered the spread 13 times over 29 games with a set spread.
- The Rams have an ATS record of 2-3 when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites.
- This season, 11 of Rhode Island’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Rams record 6.2 fewer points per game (67) than the Dukes allow (73.2).
- Rhode Island is 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall when scoring more than 73.2 points.
- Duquesne is 9-20-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 9.5 points or more so far this year, the Dukes went 3-3 against the spread.
- This season, 15 of Duquesne’s games have gone over the point total out of 30 chances.
- The Dukes’ 64.8 points per game are just 0.2 more points than the 64.6 the Rams give up.
- Duquesne has put together a 6-5 ATS record and a 5-7 overall record in games it scores more than 64.6 points.
Rhode Island vs. Duquesne Over/Under Trends
- A total of 18 Rhode Island games this season have gone over Wednesday’s over/under of 130.5 points.
- In Duquesne’s 30 games this season, 18 have finished with more combined scoring than Wednesday’s point total of 130.5.
- The point total for the matchup of 130.5 is 1.3 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Rams (67 points per game) and the Dukes (64.8 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 137.8 points per game, 7.3 more than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Rams have seen a 135.1 over/under in their games this season, 4.6 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- Dukes’ games have a total points bet of 136.3 points this season, 5.8 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Rhode Island Team Leaders
- Makhel Mitchell: 10.7 PTS, 2.5 BLK, 49.4 FG%
- Makhi Mitchell: 10 PTS, 7.4 REB, 1.5 BLK, 52.6 FG%, 30 3PT% (6-for-20)
- Jeremy Sheppard: 10.4 PTS, 1.5 STL, 39.7 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (43-for-122)
- Malik Martin: 6.9 PTS, 48.5 FG%, 23.3 3PT% (10-for-43)
- Ishmael Leggett: 8.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 36.7 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (21-for-69)
Duquesne Team Leaders
- Kevin Easley Jr.: 10.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 38.9 FG%, 33 3PT% (36-for-109)
- Tre Williams: 10.8 PTS, 2.1 BLK, 45 FG%, 14.9 3PT% (7-for-47)
- Amir “Primo” Spears: 12.1 PTS, 1.3 STL, 35.9 FG%, 29.7 3PT% (27-for-91)
- Leon Ayers III: 10 PTS, 1.1 STL, 37.2 FG%, 26.5 3PT% (30-for-113)
- Jackie Johnson III: 9.4 PTS, 42.1 FG%, 37 3PT% (40-for-108)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.