The No. 11 seed Penn State Nittany Lions (12-16, 7-13 Big Ten) and the No. 14 seed Minnesota Golden Gophers (13-16, 4-16 Big Ten) square off in the Big Ten Tournament Wednesday at Gainbridge Fieldhouse, starting at 8:25 PM. Penn State is favored by 3.5 points. Both teams are looking to take another step toward a conference title and an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Penn State vs. Minnesota Predictions
Penn State vs. Minnesota Betting Odds
|Penn State||-3.5||125.5 points|
Penn State vs. Minnesota Last 10 Games
- Penn State is 2-8 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- The final combined score of the last 10 Nittany Lions games has exceeded the set total twice.
- The Nittany Lions’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 129.7 points scored. That’s 4.2 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Nittany Lions’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 3.1 points lower than their season-long average.
- Minnesota covered the spread four times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 1-9 record straight-up in those games.
- Minnesota and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Golden Gophers games averaged 10.4 more points (135.9) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Golden Gophers are scoring 64.9 points per game compared to their 67.6 season average.
Penn State vs. Minnesota Betting Trends
- Penn State is 15-12-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 3.5-point favorites or more, the Nittany Lions have an ATS record of 2-5.
- This season, Penn State’s games have hit the over 10 times.
- The 64.7 points per game the Nittany Lions score are the same as the Golden Gophers allow.
- When Penn State scores more than 69.5 points, it is 3-5 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- Minnesota has gone 12-16-0 against the spread this season.
- The Golden Gophers are 7-11 ATS when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Minnesota have hit the over 15 times out of 28 chances this year.
- The Golden Gophers’ 67.6 points per game are just 2.3 more points than the 65.3 the Nittany Lions allow.
- Minnesota is 10-7 against the spread and 11-7 overall when it scores more than 65.3 points.
Penn State vs. Minnesota Over/Under Trends
- This season, Penn State games have gone over this matchup’s 125.5-point total 16 times.
- This season, 24 of Minnesota’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 125.5 points.
- The Nittany Lions average 64.7 points per game against the Golden Gophers’ 67.6, totaling 6.8 points over the matchup’s total of 125.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 134.8 points per game, 9.3 more than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Nittany Lions have seen a 133.5 over/under in their games this season, 8.0 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 10.2 points fewer than the average over/under in Golden Gophers’ games this season (135.7 points).
Penn State Team Leaders
- Jalen Pickett: 12.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.2 FG%, 30.1 3PT% (41-for-136)
- John Harrar: 10.5 PTS, 10.3 REB, 64.8 FG%
- Seth Lundy: 12.6 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (62-for-167)
- Sam Sessoms: 11.3 PTS, 45 FG%, 41.4 3PT% (29-for-70)
- Myles Dread: 6.1 PTS, 39 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (49-for-126)
Minnesota Team Leaders
- Payton Willis: 16.1 PTS, 1.5 STL, 48.3 FG%, 43.1 3PT% (72-for-167)
- Jamison Battle: 17.4 PTS, 45.1 FG%, 36.5 3PT% (72-for-197)
- E.J. Stephens: 10.6 PTS, 42 FG%, 38.7 3PT% (41-for-106)
- Eric Curry: 7.6 PTS, 41.3 FG%
- Luke Loewe: 8.3 PTS, 40.8 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (34-for-98)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.