The Big Ten conference tournament continues Wednesday as the No. 12 seed Northwestern Wildcats (14-15, 7-13 Big Ten) face off against the No. 13 seed Nebraska Cornhuskers (10-21, 4-16 Big Ten) at Gainbridge Fieldhouse, tipping off at 6:00 PM. Northwestern is a 4.5-point favorite to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Northwestern vs. Nebraska Predictions
Northwestern vs. Nebraska Betting Odds
Northwestern vs. Nebraska Last 10 Games
- Northwestern is 4-6 overall and 6-3-1 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- The final combined score of the past 10 Wildcats games has exceeded the set total two times.
- The Wildcats’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 141.3 points scored. That’s 4.7 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the last 10 games, the Wildcats are scoring 6.4 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Nebraska covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Nebraska games have surpassed the set total seven times.
- The past 10 Cornhuskers games averaged 2.1 more points (148.1) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Cornhuskers have a 75.7 points-per-game average, 2.3 points above their season-long scoring average.
Northwestern vs. Nebraska Betting Trends
- Northwestern has covered the spread 14 times in 28 games with a set spread.
- The Wildcats have an ATS record of 6-5 when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- This season, Northwestern’s games have hit the over 14 times out of 28 chances.
- The 72.9 points per game the Wildcats put up are 5.9 fewer points than the Cornhuskers allow (78.8).
- Northwestern is 4-3 against the spread and 7-2 overall when scoring more than 78.8 points.
- Nebraska is 16-14-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 4.5-point underdogs or more, the Cornhuskers have an ATS record of 11-7.
- Games involving Nebraska have hit the over 19 times out of 30 chances this year.
- The Cornhuskers score an average of 73.4 points per game, only 4.9 more points than the 68.5 the Wildcats allow.
- When it scores more than 68.5 points, Nebraska is 14-6 against the spread and 10-10 overall.
Northwestern vs. Nebraska Over/Under Trends
- Nine Northwestern games this season have gone over Wednesday’s over/under of 146 points.
- A total of 22 of Nebraska’s games finished with a combined score over 146 points this season.
- The Wildcats average 72.9 points per game against the Cornhuskers’ 73.4, totaling 0.3 points over the matchup’s point total of 146.
- This game’s point total is 1.3 fewer points than the 147.3 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Wildcats games is 140.6 points, 5.4 fewer than the over/under of 146 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 0.8 points fewer than the average over/under in Cornhuskers’ games this season (146.8 points).
Northwestern Team Leaders
- Pete Nance: 14.7 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 49.4 FG%, 44.9 3PT% (40-for-89)
- Boo Buie: 14.1 PTS, 39.5 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (57-for-168)
- Chase Audige: 10.2 PTS, 1.8 STL, 35.1 FG%, 24.5 3PT% (25-for-102)
- Ryan Young: 8.9 PTS, 54.6 FG%
- Robbie Beran: 6.4 PTS, 46.6 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (28-for-77)
Nebraska Team Leaders
- Alonzo Verge Jr.: 14.2 PTS, 5.2 AST, 1.5 STL, 45.2 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (17-for-52)
- Bryce McGowens: 17.2 PTS, 40.9 FG%, 28 3PT% (40-for-143)
- Derrick Walker: 9.3 PTS, 67.9 FG%
- C.J. Wilcher: 8.3 PTS, 46.5 FG%, 40.9 3PT% (52-for-127)
- Lat Mayen: 5.8 PTS, 38.3 FG%, 29.8 3PT% (28-for-94)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.