The No. 7 seed Coppin State Eagles (7-22, 6-8 MEAC) are 6-point underdogs in their MEAC Tournament matchup against the No. 2 seed Howard Bison (16-12, 9-5 MEAC) on Wednesday at Norfolk Scope, beginning at 8:30 PM. The winner moves one step closer to the conference championship and an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Howard vs. Coppin State Predictions
Howard vs. Coppin State Betting Odds
Howard vs. Coppin State Last 10 Games
- Howard covered the spread four times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Howard and its opponents have hit the over in three of those 10 games.
- The Bison’s last 10 games have ended with an average of 144.1 points scored. That’s 5.9 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Bison are scoring 1.2 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Coppin State is 3-7 overall and 3-7-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- The final scores of the last 10 Coppin State games have exceeded the set total four times.
- The past 10 Eagles games averaged 5.9 fewer points (144.1) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Eagles’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 65.4, 1.7 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Howard vs. Coppin State Betting Trends
- Howard has covered the spread 13 times in 27 games with a set spread.
- The Bison are 4-6 ATS when playing as at least 6-point favorites.
- Games involving Howard have hit the over 12 times out of 27 chances this season.
- The Bison score just 1.7 more points per game (77.1) than the Eagles allow (75.4).
- Howard has an 8-3 record against the spread and an 11-3 record overall when scoring more than 75.4 points.
- Coppin State is 16-12-1 against the spread this season.
- In games this year when an underdog by 6 points or more, the Eagles have gone 10-5-1 against the spread.
- Coppin State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 13 times this season.
- The Eagles score only 2.9 fewer points per game (67.1) than the Bison give up to opponents (70.0).
- Coppin State is 8-4-1 against the spread and 6-7 overall when it scores more than 70.0 points.
Howard vs. Coppin State Over/Under Trends
- This season, Howard and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s over/under of 150 points nine times.
- In Coppin State’s 29 games this season, 11 have finished with more combined scoring than Wednesday’s over/under of 150.
- The total for the matchup of 150 is 5.8 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Bison (77.1 points per game) and the Eagles (67.1 points per game).
- The 145.4 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 4.6 fewer than the 150 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Bison games is 3.5 points fewer than the over/under of 150 points in this matchup.
- Eagles games have an over/under of 146.3 points this season, 3.7 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Howard Team Leaders
- Elijah Hawkins: 13.0 PTS, 5.6 AST, 2.3 STL, 38.7 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (33-for-107)
- William Settle: 13.8 PTS, 1.4 STL, 49.5 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (29-for-82)
- Kyle Foster: 15.7 PTS, 45.7 FG%, 45.5 3PT% (96-for-211)
- Randy Brumant: 9.4 PTS, 1.4 BLK, 62.8 FG%, 66.7 3PT% (2-for-3)
- Tai Bibbs: 8.6 PTS, 39.7 FG%, 31.8 3PT% (27-for-85)
Coppin State Team Leaders
- Nendah Tarke: 13.1 PTS, 3.0 STL, 39.6 FG%, 28.9 3PT% (33-for-114)
- Tyree Corbett: 13.0 PTS, 8.8 REB, 46.8 FG%, 24.1 3PT% (13-for-54)
- Kyle Cardaci: 7.6 PTS, 1.6 STL, 30.7 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (56-for-190)
- Jesse Zarzuela: 14.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 36.5 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (36-for-122)
- Mike Hood: 7.8 PTS, 38.0 FG%, 31.2 3PT% (34-for-109)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.