The No. 7 seed Fairfield Stags (14-17, 8-12 MAAC) are 2.5-point favorites in the MAAC Tournament against the No. 10 seed Canisius Golden Griffins (11-20, 7-13 MAAC) on Tuesday at Webster Bank Arena. The matchup tips off at 7:30 PM, with the winner moving one step closer to securing a guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Fairfield vs. Canisius Predictions
Fairfield vs. Canisius Betting Odds
Fairfield vs. Canisius Last 10 Games
- Fairfield has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Fairfield’s past 10 outings saw four go over the total.
- The past 10 Stags games averaged 1.6 more points (134.1) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Stags have a points-per-game average 2.2 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Canisius is 4-6 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- Canisius and its opponents have hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Golden Griffins games averaged 139.3 total points, 6.8 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Golden Griffins have scored 0.5 fewer points per contest compared to their 69.1 PPG season-long scoring average.
Fairfield vs. Canisius Betting Trends
- Fairfield has put together a 15-12-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point favorites or more, the Stags have an ATS record of 3-7.
- This season, Fairfield’s games have hit the over 13 times out of 27 chances.
- The Stags put up 67.9 points per game, just 3.6 fewer points than the 71.5 the Golden Griffins give up.
- Fairfield has an 8-2 record against the spread and a 9-3 record overall when putting up more than 71.5 points.
- Canisius has covered the spread 13 times over 26 games with a set spread.
- The Golden Griffins are 9-8 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Canisius have hit the over 11 times out of 26 chances this season.
- The Golden Griffins score just three more points per game (69.1) than the Stags give up (66.1).
- Canisius is 9-6 against the spread and 9-9 overall when it scores more than 66.1 points.
Fairfield vs. Canisius Over/Under Trends
- Fairfield and its opponents have combined to outscore Tuesday’s total (132.5 points) 15 times this season.
- In Canisius’ 26 games this season, 18 have finished with more combined scoring than Tuesday’s total of 132.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 137 points per game, 4.5 points more than the over/under of 132.5 for this matchup.
- This game’s over/under is 5.1 fewer points than the 137.6 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Stags have seen a 134.6 average over/under in their games this season, 2.1 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 10 points fewer than the average over/under in Golden Griffins’ games this season (142.5 points).
Fairfield Team Leaders
- Supreme Cook: 10.3 PTS, 8.3 REB, 52.7 FG%
- Taj Benning: 10.7 PTS, 38 FG%, 31.4 3PT% (37-for-118)
- Jake Wojcik: 9.5 PTS, 34.4 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (59-for-171)
- Jesus Cruz: 8.7 PTS, 44.8 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (29-for-87)
- Caleb Green: 7.5 PTS, 40.5 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (29-for-76)
Canisius Team Leaders
- Armon Harried: 11.3 PTS, 35.3 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (32-for-112)
- Jordan Henderson: 11.1 PTS, 38.4 FG%, 33.5 3PT% (60-for-179)
- Ahamadou Fofana: 9.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 37.4 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (39-for-120)
- Jacco Fritz: 7.5 PTS, 53.2 FG%, 29.6 3PT% (8-for-27)
- Malek Green: 11 PTS, 50.4 FG%, 32 3PT% (16-for-50)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.