The No. 8 seed Cal Baptist Lancers (17-14, 7-11 WAC) are 6.5-point favorites to win and move closer to a guaranteed berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket against the No. 9 seed UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (8-22, 3-15 WAC) in the WAC Tournament Tuesday at Michelob ULTRA Arena, tipping off at 9:00 PM.
Cal Baptist vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Predictions
Cal Baptist vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Odds
|Cal Baptist||-6.5||149 points|
Cal Baptist vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Last 10 Games
- Cal Baptist covered the spread six times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- The final combined score of the past 10 Lancers games has exceeded the set total two times.
- The Lancers’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 142.1 points scored. That’s 6.9 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Lancers have scored six fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- UT Rio Grande Valley is 2-8 overall and 4-5-1 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- UT Rio Grande Valley and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Vaqueros games averaged 0.3 fewer points (148.7) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Vaqueros have a 66.9 points-per-game average, 4.2 points below their season-long scoring average.
Cal Baptist vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Betting Trends
- Cal Baptist has covered the spread in a matchup 13 times this season (13-14-1).
- In games they were favored in by 6.5 points or more so far this season, the Lancers went 5-7 against the spread.
- This season, Cal Baptist’s games have hit the over 12 times out of 28 chances.
- The Lancers put up 6.7 fewer points per game (71.9) than the Vaqueros allow (78.6).
- When Cal Baptist totals more than 78.6 points, it is 4-3 against the spread and 9-1 overall.
- UT Rio Grande Valley has registered a 14-13-1 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 6.5 points or more so far this year, the Vaqueros went 8-8 against the spread.
- This year, 16 of UT Rio Grande Valley’s games have gone over the point total out of 28 chances.
- The Vaqueros put up an average of 71.1 points per game, just 4.2 more points than the 66.9 the Lancers give up to opponents.
- UT Rio Grande Valley has put together an 11-5 ATS record and an 8-11 overall record in games it scores more than 66.9 points.
Cal Baptist vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Over/Under Trends
- Cal Baptist and its opponents have combined to outscore Tuesday’s total (149 points) eight times this season.
- This season, 16 games UT Rio Grande Valley played finished with a combined score higher than 149 points.
- The point total for the contest of 149 is six points more than the combined points per game averages for the Lancers (71.9 points per game) and the Vaqueros (71.1 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 145.5 points per game, 3.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Lancers games is six points fewer than the over/under of 149 points in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is one point more than the average over/under in Vaqueros’ games this season (148 points).
Cal Baptist Team Leaders
- Daniel Akin: 11.7 PTS, 8.3 REB, 1.1 BLK, 55.2 FG%
- Ty Rowell: 11.9 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 40.7 3PT% (70-for-172)
- Tre Armstrong: 11.8 PTS, 39.8 FG%, 35 3PT% (72-for-206)
- Taran Armstrong: 10.5 PTS, 6.6 AST, 40.3 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (22-for-69)
- Reed Nottage: 9.6 PTS, 39.9 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (37-for-121)
UT Rio Grande Valley Team Leaders
- Justin Johnson: 18.1 PTS, 50.3 FG%, 34 3PT% (33-for-97)
- Marek Nelson: 10.2 PTS, 1.5 STL, 47.1 FG%, 27.4 3PT% (23-for-84)
- Mike Adewunmi: 8.2 PTS, 40.6 FG%, 25.8 3PT% (25-for-97)
- RayQuan Taylor: 6.8 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 56.6 FG%, 23.8 3PT% (5-for-21)
- Ricky Nelson: 7 PTS, 39.3 FG%, 44.1 3PT% (15-for-34)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.