The No. 3 seed Samford Bulldogs (21-10, 10-8 SoCon) are 8.5-point underdogs in their SoCon Tournament matchup against the No. 2 seed Furman Paladins (21-11, 12-6 SoCon) on Sunday at Harrah’s Cherokee Center Asheville, starting at 6:30 PM. The winner moves one step closer to the conference championship and an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Furman vs. Samford Predictions
Furman vs. Samford Betting Odds
Furman vs. Samford Last 10 Games
- Furman has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Furman’s last 10 games saw six hit the over.
- The past 10 Paladins games averaged six fewer points (142) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their past 10 games, the Paladins have scored 0.6 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Samford has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Samford’s last 10 contests saw three hit the over.
- The last 10 Bulldogs games averaged 148.8 total points, 0.8 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Bulldogs’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 73.8, 1.1 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Furman vs. Samford Betting Trends
- Furman is 17-12-2 against the spread this season.
- The Paladins have an ATS record of 10-4 when playing as at least 8.5-point favorites.
- This season, 16 of Furman’s games have gone over the point total out of 31 chances.
- The 78.3 points per game the Paladins put up are just 4.4 more points than the Bulldogs allow (73.9).
- When Furman totals more than 73.9 points, it is 13-5-1 against the spread and 17-3 overall.
- Samford is 16-13-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 8.5-point underdogs or more, the Bulldogs have an ATS record of 3-4.
- Games involving Samford have hit the over 13 times out of 29 chances this season.
- The Bulldogs score an average of 74.9 points per game, six more points than the 68.9 the Paladins give up to opponents.
- Samford has put together an 11-8 ATS record and a 17-5 overall record in games it scores more than 68.9 points.
Furman vs. Samford Over/Under Trends
- This season, Furman games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 148-point over/under nine times.
- A total of 16 of Samford’s games ended with a combined score over 148 points this season.
- The Paladins average 78.3 points per game against the Bulldogs’ 74.9, amounting to 5.2 points over the matchup’s point total of 148.
- This game’s total is 5.2 fewer points than the 142.8 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Paladins have seen a 144 average over/under in their games this season, four points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- Bulldogs’ games have a total points bet of 148.6 points this season, 0.6 points more than the over/under for this game.
Furman Team Leaders
- Jalen Slawson: 14.7 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.8 STL, 1.7 BLK, 49.3 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (37-for-120)
- Mike Bothwell: 15.4 PTS, 46.7 FG%, 35.1 3PT% (54-for-154)
- Alex Hunter: 13.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45 FG%, 41.9 3PT% (106-for-253)
- Conley Garrison: 9.8 PTS, 1.3 STL, 48.4 FG%, 44.1 3PT% (71-for-161)
- Marcus Foster: 8.6 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (28-for-75)
Samford Team Leaders
- Ques Glover: 19.1 PTS, 1.2 STL, 46.7 FG%, 29.7 3PT% (30-for-101)
- Jermaine Marshall: 12.7 PTS, 8 REB, 1.1 STL, 46.2 FG%, 26.9 3PT% (25-for-93)
- Jaden Campbell: 10.1 PTS, 1.5 STL, 41 FG%, 38 3PT% (57-for-150)
- Logan Dye: 13.1 PTS, 54.6 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (17-for-42)
- Wesley Cardet Jr.: 8.1 PTS, 40.4 FG%, 28.3 3PT% (15-for-53)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.