The No. 2 seed Winthrop Eagles (22-8, 14-2 Big South) and the No. 3 seed Gardner-Webb Runnin’ Bulldogs (18-12, 11-5 Big South) face off in the Big South Tournament Saturday at Bojangles’ Coliseum, starting at 2:30 PM. Winthrop is favored by 5 points. Both teams are looking to take another step toward a conference title and an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Winthrop vs. Gardner-Webb Predictions
Winthrop vs. Gardner-Webb Betting Odds
Winthrop vs. Gardner-Webb Last 10 Games
- Winthrop covered the spread seven times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Winthrop games has gone over the set total five times.
- The past 10 Eagles games averaged 2.7 more points (140.7) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Eagles are scoring at a rate equal to their season-long scoring average.
- Gardner-Webb is 7-3 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- Gardner-Webb and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Runnin’ Bulldogs games averaged five fewer points (133) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 65.7, 3.9 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Winthrop vs. Gardner-Webb Betting Trends
- Winthrop has covered the spread 11 times this season (11-16-0).
- The Eagles are 6-7 ATS when playing as at least 5-point favorites.
- Winthrop’s games have gone over the total 15 times out of 27 chances this season.
- The Eagles put up 75.8 points per game, 12 more points than the 63.8 the Runnin’ Bulldogs give up.
- Winthrop has a 9-11 record against the spread and a 19-4 record overall when scoring more than 63.8 points.
- Gardner-Webb has put together a record of 14-14-0 against the spread this season.
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs are 3-1 ATS when playing as at least 5-point underdogs.
- Gardner-Webb’s games have gone over the total 11 times out of 28 chances this season.
- The Runnin’ Bulldogs score just 0.4 fewer points per game (69.6) than the Eagles allow (70).
- Gardner-Webb has put together a 6-2 ATS record and a 10-1 overall record in games it scores more than 70 points.
Winthrop vs. Gardner-Webb Over/Under Trends
- This season, Winthrop and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under of 138 points 17 times.
- This season, 12 games Gardner-Webb played finished with a combined score over 138 points.
- The Eagles average 75.8 points per game against the Runnin’ Bulldogs’ 69.6, totaling 7.4 points over the game’s over/under of 138.
- These two teams surrender a combined 133.8 points per game, 4.2 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Eagles games is 143.5 points, 5.5 more than the over/under of 138 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 0.3 points more than the average over/under in Runnin’ Bulldogs’ games this season (137.7 points).
Winthrop Team Leaders
- D.J. Burns: 15.1 PTS, 63.2 FG%
- Cory Hightower: 11.8 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 40.8 3PT% (49-for-120)
- Patrick Good: 11.3 PTS, 1.2 STL, 47.5 FG%, 43.5 3PT% (74-for-170)
- Drew Buggs: 6 PTS, 49.3 FG%, 40 3PT% (18-for-45)
- Kelton Talford: 8.7 PTS, 67.8 FG%
Gardner-Webb Team Leaders
- D’Maurian Williams: 14.3 PTS, 40.5 FG%, 39 3PT% (76-for-195)
- Lance Terry: 14.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.5 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (56-for-158)
- Kareem Reid: 9.6 PTS, 1.6 BLK, 57.5 FG%
- Anthony Selden: 7.3 PTS, 43.8 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (29-for-79)
- Zion Williams: 7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 46.7 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (12-for-42)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.