The No. 2 seed UMBC Retrievers (16-13, 11-7 America East) play the No. 7 seed UMass-Lowell River Hawks (15-15, 7-11 America East) as 2.5-point favorites in the America East Tournament Sunday at UMBC Event Center, beginning at 1:00 PM. Both teams will look to take one step closer to earning an automatic place in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
UMBC vs. UMass-Lowell Predictions
UMBC vs. UMass-Lowell Betting Odds
UMBC vs. UMass-Lowell Last 10 Games
- UMBC is 7-3 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- The final score of the past 10 UMBC games has exceeded the set total seven times.
- The Retrievers’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 141.2 points scored. That’s 1.3 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Retrievers’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 2.6 points higher than their season-long average.
- UMass-Lowell is 5-5 overall and 8-2-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- UMass-Lowell’s last 10 games saw six go over the total.
- The River Hawks’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 136.7 points scored. That’s 5.8 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the River Hawks are scoring 71 points per game compared to their 70.2 season average.
UMBC vs. UMass-Lowell Betting Trends
- UMBC has covered the spread 13 times over 26 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point favorites or more, the Retrievers have an ATS record of 8-2.
- Games involving UMBC have hit the over 14 times out of 26 chances this season.
- The 73.9 points per game the Retrievers average are nine more points than the River Hawks give up (64.9).
- When UMBC scores more than 64.9 points, it is 11-4 against the spread and 15-4 overall.
- UMass-Lowell has registered a 14-11-0 record against the spread this year.
- The River Hawks have an ATS record of 6-4 when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- This year, 10 of UMass-Lowell’s games have gone over the point total out of 25 chances.
- The River Hawks score just 1.5 fewer points per game (70.2) than the Retrievers give up to opponents (71.7).
- When it scores more than 71.7 points, UMass-Lowell is 5-1 against the spread and 7-3 overall.
UMBC vs. UMass-Lowell Over/Under Trends
- This season, UMBC games have gone over this matchup’s 142.5-point over/under 14 times.
- Six of UMass-Lowell’s games ended with a combined score over 142.5 points this season.
- The Retrievers average 73.9 points per game against the River Hawks’ 70.2, amounting to 1.6 points over the contest’s point total of 142.5.
- This game’s point total is 5.9 fewer points than the 136.6 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Retrievers games is 0.5 points fewer than the over/under of 142.5 points in this matchup.
- River Hawks games have an over/under of 136 points this season, 6.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
UMBC Team Leaders
- Keondre Kennedy: 15.1 PTS, 49.7 FG%, 40.3 3PT% (54-for-134)
- Darnell Rogers: 11.3 PTS, 37.1 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (47-for-139)
- L.J. Owens: 11.5 PTS, 43.3 FG%, 43.1 3PT% (62-for-144)
- Yaw Obeng-Mensah: 7.1 PTS, 53.4 FG%
- Jacob Boonyasith: 6.4 PTS, 41 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (42-for-110)
UMass-Lowell Team Leaders
- Max Brooks: 10.5 PTS, 2.3 BLK, 61.8 FG%
- Allin Blunt: 11.2 PTS, 43.9 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (28-for-91)
- Kalil Thomas: 9.1 PTS, 44.7 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (42-for-131)
- Ayinde Hikim: 10.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 44.8 FG%, 25.6 3PT% (10-for-39)
- Everette Hammond: 9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 35.3 FG%, 33 3PT% (33-for-100)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.