The Penn State Nittany Lions (12-15, 7-12 Big Ten) are 5.5-point underdogs as they look to stop a seven-game road losing streak when they square off against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (17-12, 11-8 Big Ten) on Sunday, March 6, 2022 at Louis Brown Athletic Center. The contest airs at 12:00 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is set at 125.
Rutgers vs. Penn State Predictions
Rutgers vs. Penn State Betting Odds
Rutgers vs. Penn State Last 10 Games
- Rutgers has a 4-6 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Rutgers’ last 10 contests saw five go over the total.
- The Scarlet Knights’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 137 points scored. That’s 12 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Scarlet Knights’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 3.9 points lower than their season-long average.
- Penn State has a 3-7 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Penn State’s past 10 contests saw three go over the total.
- The past 10 Nittany Lions games averaged six more points (131) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over the last 10 games, the Nittany Lions are scoring 64.8 points per game compared to their 64.9 season average.
Rutgers vs. Penn State Betting Trends
- Rutgers is 4-8-1 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 5.5-point favorites or more, the Scarlet Knights have an ATS record of 1-3-1.
- Rutgers games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times out of 13 chances this season.
- The 68 points per game the Scarlet Knights average are just 2.5 more points than the Nittany Lions give up (65.5).
- Rutgers has a 3-3 record against the spread and a 14-4 record overall when scoring more than 65.5 points.
- Penn State has put together a 14-12-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Nittany Lions are 6-4 ATS when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- Penn State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 10 times this season.
- The Nittany Lions put up only 0.5 fewer points per game (64.9) than the Scarlet Knights give up to opponents (65.4).
- Penn State has put together a 6-5 ATS record and a 9-3 overall record in games it scores more than 65.4 points.
Rutgers vs. Penn State Over/Under Trends
- Rutgers and its opponents have combined to outscore Sunday’s total of 125 points 10 times this season.
- A total of 16 of Penn State’s games ended with a combined score over 125 points this season.
- The Scarlet Knights average 68 points per game against the Nittany Lions’ 64.9, totaling 7.9 points over the matchup’s total of 125.
- The 130.9 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 5.9 more than the 125 total in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Scarlet Knights games is 136 points, 11 more than the over/under of 125 points for this contest.
- A difference of 8.8 points separates the average total points bet in Nittany Lions’ games (133.8 points) and this matchup’s over/under (125 points).
Rutgers Team Leaders
- Ron Harper Jr.: 15.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.8 FG%, 40 3PT% (62-for-155)
- Clifford Omoruyi: 11.8 PTS, 8 REB, 1.3 BLK, 61.3 FG%
- Paul Mulcahy: 8.9 PTS, 5.1 AST, 1.2 STL, 43.9 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (23-for-66)
- Caleb McConnell: 6.5 PTS, 2.2 STL, 37.9 FG%, 26.5 3PT% (13-for-49)
- Geo Baker: 12.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 39.5 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (44-for-138)
Penn State Team Leaders
- Jalen Pickett: 13 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.4 FG%, 30.1 3PT% (40-for-133)
- John Harrar: 10.4 PTS, 10 REB, 65.5 FG%
- Seth Lundy: 12.3 PTS, 40.8 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (59-for-160)
- Sam Sessoms: 11.3 PTS, 46 FG%, 42 3PT% (29-for-69)
- Myles Dread: 6.1 PTS, 39.3 FG%, 38.8 3PT% (47-for-121)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.