The No. 2 seed Furman Paladins (20-11, 12-6 SoCon) are favored by 7 points when they meet the No. 7 seed Mercer Bears (16-16, 8-10 SoCon) in the SoCon Tournament Saturday at Harrah’s Cherokee Center Asheville, beginning at 6:00 PM. A guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket is on the line as these teams look to claim the SoCon championship.
Furman vs. Mercer Predictions
Furman vs. Mercer Betting Odds
Furman vs. Mercer Last 10 Games
- Furman covered the spread five times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Furman games has surpassed the set total five times.
- The Paladins’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 143.4 points scored. That’s 3.9 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Paladins are scoring 0.5 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Mercer has a 4-6 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Mercer and its opponents have hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Bears games averaged 0.3 fewer points (139.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Bears have a 71.8 points-per-game average, 1.2 points above their season-long scoring average.
Furman vs. Mercer Betting Trends
- Furman has put together a 16-12-2 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 7 points or more, the Paladins are 11-5 against the spread.
- Furman’s games have gone over the total 15 times out of 30 chances this season.
- The Paladins score eight more points per game (78.3) than the Bears give up (70.3).
- Furman is 14-6-1 against the spread and 18-4 overall when scoring more than 70.3 points.
- Mercer has registered a 17-14-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when an underdog by 7 points or more, the Bears are 4-2 against the spread.
- This year, Mercer’s games have hit the over 15 times out of 31 chances.
- The Bears put up an average of 70.6 points per game, just 1.6 more points than the 69 the Paladins give up.
- Mercer is 9-4 against the spread and 12-3 overall when it scores more than 69 points.
Furman vs. Mercer Over/Under Trends
- This season, Furman and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total of 139.5 points 18 times.
- This season, 14 games Mercer played finished with a combined score over 139.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 148.9 points per game, 9.4 points more than the point total of 139.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams surrender a combined 139.3 points per game, 0.2 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Paladins games is 144.2 points, 4.7 more than the over/under of 139.5 points for this contest.
- Bears’ games have a total points bet of 140.7 points this season, 1.2 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Furman Team Leaders
- Jalen Slawson: 14.6 PTS, 7.6 REB, 1.8 STL, 1.7 BLK, 49.3 FG%, 31.4 3PT% (37-for-118)
- Mike Bothwell: 15.4 PTS, 46.4 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (53-for-152)
- Alex Hunter: 13.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.9 FG%, 41.9 3PT% (104-for-248)
- Conley Garrison: 9.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 47.3 FG%, 43.6 3PT% (68-for-156)
- Marcus Foster: 8.7 PTS, 45.8 FG%, 38.4 3PT% (28-for-73)
Mercer Team Leaders
- Felipe Haase: 14.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 47.7 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (70-for-173)
- Jalen Johnson: 13.5 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 43 FG%, 39.5 3PT% (75-for-190)
- James Glisson III: 10.4 PTS, 46.5 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (31-for-90)
- Kamar Robertson: 9.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.3 FG%, 24.4 3PT% (19-for-78)
- Shawn Walker: 5.9 PTS, 40.2 FG%, 25.7 3PT% (19-for-74)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.