A pair of struggling teams meet when the Xavier Musketeers (17-12, 7-11 Big East) host the Georgetown Hoyas (6-23, 0-18 Big East) on Saturday, March 5, 2022 at 7:00 PM ET. The Hoyas are big, 12.5-point underdogs as they attempt to stop a 19-game losing streak against the Musketeers, who have lost five straight. The point total is set at 149.5 for the matchup.
Xavier vs. Georgetown Predictions
Xavier vs. Georgetown Betting Odds
Xavier vs. Georgetown Last 10 Games
- Xavier is 2-8-0 against the spread in its last 10 games, and has a 3-7 straight-up record in those matchups.
- Xavier’s last 10 contests saw four go over the total.
- The past 10 Musketeers games averaged 8.4 fewer points (141.1) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Musketeers have a points-per-game average three points below their season-long scoring average.
- Georgetown covered the spread four times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 0-10 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Georgetown games have gone over the set total five times.
- The last 10 Hoyas games averaged 145.9 total points, 3.6 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- In their last 10 games, the Hoyas have a 67.3 points-per-game average, 3.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
Xavier vs. Georgetown Betting Trends
- Xavier is 12-14-0 against the spread this season.
- The Musketeers are 4-2 ATS when playing as at least 12.5-point favorites.
- Xavier’s games have gone over the total 10 times out of 26 chances this season.
- The 72.9 points per game the Musketeers put up are the same as the Hoyas give up.
- When Xavier totals more than 77 points, it is 6-3 against the spread and 8-1 overall.
- Georgetown has covered the spread in a game 11 times this year (11-15-1).
- In games they were an underdog in by 12.5 points or more so far this season, the Hoyas have gone 3-2 against the spread.
- Games involving Georgetown have hit the over 15 times out of 27 chances this year.
- The Hoyas average only 2.9 more points per game (71.2) than the Musketeers allow (68.3).
- Georgetown has put together an 8-7-1 ATS record and a 6-10 overall record in games it scores more than 68.3 points.
Xavier vs. Georgetown Over/Under Trends
- Xavier and its opponents have combined to exceed Saturday’s total of 149.5 points five times this season.
- This season, 15 of Georgetown’s games have ended with a score higher than 149.5 points.
- The over/under for the game of 149.5 is 5.4 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Musketeers (72.9 points per game) and the Hoyas (71.2 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 145.3 points per game, 4.2 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Musketeers games is 140.1 points, 9.4 fewer than the over/under of 149.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 4.1 points separates this matchup’s over/under (149.5 points) and the average total points bet in Hoyas’ games (145.4 points) this season.
Xavier Team Leaders
- Jack Nunge: 13 PTS, 7.4 REB, 1.4 BLK, 51.6 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (26-for-79)
- Colby Jones: 10.8 PTS, 7.6 REB, 1.5 STL, 46.2 FG%, 27.1 3PT% (16-for-59)
- Paul Scruggs: 12 PTS, 1.4 STL, 42.5 FG%, 33 3PT% (29-for-88)
- Zach Freemantle: 10 PTS, 45.3 FG%, 20.5 3PT% (8-for-39)
- Nate Johnson: 9.8 PTS, 41.3 FG%, 39 3PT% (53-for-136)
Georgetown Team Leaders
- Aminu Mohammed: 13.8 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.7 STL, 37.7 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (17-for-56)
- Don Carey: 13.9 PTS, 1.5 STL, 43.3 FG%, 40.3 3PT% (62-for-154)
- Dante Harris: 12 PTS, 1.6 STL, 37.1 FG%, 26 3PT% (25-for-96)
- Kaiden Rice: 11.3 PTS, 37.5 FG%, 38 3PT% (89-for-234)
- Collin Holloway: 8.8 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 36.5 3PT% (19-for-52)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.