The West Virginia Mountaineers (14-16, 3-14 Big 12) are 2.5-point favorites as they try to stop a seven-game losing streak when they host the TCU Horned Frogs (19-10, 8-9 Big 12) on Saturday, March 5, 2022 at WVU Coliseum. The matchup airs at 2:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 136.5 points.
West Virginia vs. TCU Predictions
West Virginia vs. TCU Betting Odds
|West Virginia||-2.5||136.5 points|
West Virginia vs. TCU Last 10 Games
- West Virginia is 0-10 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- The final score of the last 10 West Virginia games has surpassed the set total seven times.
- The past 10 Mountaineers games averaged 1.2 fewer points (135.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Mountaineers have a points-per-game average 0.2 points above their season-long scoring average.
- TCU covered the spread seven times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 TCU games have gone over the set total six times.
- The last 10 Horned Frogs games averaged 132.4 total points, 4.1 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Horned Frogs have scored one fewer point per contest compared to their 68.6 PPG season-long scoring average.
West Virginia vs. TCU Betting Trends
- West Virginia is 12-18-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 2.5 points or more so far this season, the Mountaineers have gone 8-7 against the spread.
- West Virginia games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 18 times this season.
- The Mountaineers average 68.4 points per game, only 3.7 more points than the 64.7 the Horned Frogs give up.
- When West Virginia totals more than 64.7 points, it is 10-10 against the spread and 11-9 overall.
- TCU has put together an 18-9-1 record against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Horned Frogs have an ATS record of 10-3.
- Games involving TCU have hit the over 15 times out of 28 chances this season.
- The Horned Frogs put up the same points per game as the Mountaineers allow their opponents to score (68.6).
- TCU has put together a 10-3 ATS record and a 13-1 overall record in games it scores more than 68.6 points.
West Virginia vs. TCU Over/Under Trends
- A total of 15 West Virginia games this season have gone over Saturday’s total of 136.5 points.
- There have been 15 TCU games that have finished with a combined score higher than 136.5 points this season.
- The Mountaineers average 68.4 points per game against the Horned Frogs’ 68.6, amounting to 0.5 points over the contest’s point total of 136.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 133.3 points per game, 3.2 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Mountaineers games is 135.7 points, 0.8 fewer than the over/under of 136.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 2.6 points more than the average over/under in Horned Frogs’ games this season (133.9 points).
West Virginia Team Leaders
- Taz Sherman: 18.1 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.7 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (59-for-170)
- Jalen Bridges: 8.5 PTS, 41.5 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (36-for-108)
- Sean McNeil: 12.3 PTS, 41.9 FG%, 37.9 3PT% (53-for-140)
- Gabe Osabuohien: 5.1 PTS, 1.2 STL, 42.3 FG%
- Malik Curry: 9.2 PTS, 44.7 FG%, 24.2 3PT% (8-for-33)
TCU Team Leaders
- Mike Miles: 15 PTS, 1.4 STL, 37.7 FG%, 30 3PT% (36-for-120)
- Emanuel Miller: 10.8 PTS, 50.2 FG%, 26.2 3PT% (11-for-42)
- Damion Baugh: 10.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 43.1 FG%, 24.7 3PT% (21-for-85)
- Charles O’Bannon Jr.: 9.3 PTS, 41 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (38-for-117)
- Eddie Lampkin Jr.: 6.4 PTS, 59.7 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.