Two hot teams meet when the Virginia Tech Hokies (19-11, 11-8 ACC) visit the Clemson Tigers (15-15, 7-12 ACC) on Saturday, March 5, 2022 at 2:00 PM ET. The Hokies are 3-point favorites and put their three-game win streak on the line against the Tigers, winners of three straight. The point total for the matchup is 134.5.
Virginia Tech vs. Clemson Predictions
Virginia Tech vs. Clemson Betting Odds
|Virginia Tech||-3||134.5 points|
Virginia Tech vs. Clemson Last 10 Games
- Virginia Tech covered the spread seven times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Virginia Tech and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The Hokies’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 132.5 points scored. That’s two fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Hokies have a points-per-game average 1.4 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Clemson is 3-7 overall and 4-5-1 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Clemson and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Tigers games averaged 4.4 more points (138.9) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Tigers have scored two fewer points per contest compared to their 72 PPG season-long scoring average.
Virginia Tech vs. Clemson Betting Trends
- Virginia Tech has compiled a 16-13-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Hokies are 11-9 ATS when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- This season, Virginia Tech’s games have hit the over 13 times out of 29 chances.
- The Hokies record 70 points per game, only 1.3 more points than the 68.7 the Tigers allow.
- Virginia Tech is 12-3 against the spread and 14-1 overall when scoring more than 68.7 points.
- Clemson has registered a 16-12-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Tigers are 4-2 ATS when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- Games involving Clemson have hit the over 16 times out of 29 chances this season.
- The Tigers put up an average of 72 points per game, 10.8 more points than the 61.2 the Hokies allow.
- Clemson is 15-8-1 against the spread and 15-11 overall when it scores more than 61.2 points.
Virginia Tech vs. Clemson Over/Under Trends
- This season, Virginia Tech and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total of 134.5 points 12 times.
- A total of 17 of Clemson’s games ended with a combined score higher than 134.5 points this season.
- The Hokies average 70 points per game against the Tigers’ 72, totaling 7.5 points over the contest’s total of 134.5.
- The 129.9 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 4.6 fewer than the 134.5 total in this contest.
- This season the average total for Hokies games is 133.2 points, 1.3 fewer than the over/under of 134.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 1.7 points fewer than the average over/under in Tigers’ games this season (136.2 points).
Virginia Tech Team Leaders
- Keve Aluma: 15.6 PTS, 53.5 FG%, 30 3PT% (18-for-60)
- Justyn Mutts: 10.2 PTS, 7.4 REB, 1.2 STL, 53.9 FG%, 35 3PT% (14-for-40)
- Hunter Cattoor: 9.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.7 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (70-for-170)
- Nahiem Alleyne: 10 PTS, 36.8 FG%, 37 3PT% (54-for-146)
- Storm Murphy: 7.7 PTS, 42.4 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (44-for-126)
Clemson Team Leaders
- PJ Hall: 15.5 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 48.9 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (22-for-72)
- David Collins: 10.3 PTS, 7.1 REB, 1.7 STL, 51.2 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (17-for-44)
- Al-Amir Dawes: 11.5 PTS, 40.4 FG%, 40.2 3PT% (78-for-194)
- Hunter Tyson: 10.3 PTS, 47.4 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (24-for-65)
- Nick Honor: 7.6 PTS, 39.5 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (34-for-102)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.