The No. 1 seed Texas State Bobcats (21-6, 12-3 Sun Belt) are favored by 5 points when they play the No. 8 seed Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (14-14, 8-9 Sun Belt) in the Sun Belt Tournament. The teams will look to take another step toward an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket on Saturday at Pensacola Bay Center starting at 12:30 PM.
Texas State vs. Louisiana Predictions
Texas State vs. Louisiana Betting Odds
|Texas State||-5||135.5 points|
Texas State vs. Louisiana Last 10 Games
- Texas State has a 9-1 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Texas State’s last 10 games saw five hit the over.
- The Bobcats’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 129.9 points scored. That’s 5.6 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Bobcats’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 3.6 points lower than their season-long average.
- Louisiana is 2-8-0 against the spread and 6-4 overall during its last 10 matchups.
- The final scores of the past 10 Louisiana games have gone over the set total five times.
- The past 10 Ragin’ Cajuns games averaged 1.7 more points (137.2) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Ragin’ Cajuns have scored 0.2 more points per contest compared to their 71 PPG season-long scoring average.
Texas State vs. Louisiana Betting Trends
- Texas State has put together a 12-11-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 5 points or more so far this season, the Bobcats went 7-5 against the spread.
- Texas State’s games have gone over the total 12 times out of 23 chances this season.
- The Bobcats record 70.7 points per game, only 1.3 more points than the 69.4 the Ragin’ Cajuns allow.
- Texas State has a 5-3 record against the spread and a 12-0 record overall when scoring more than 69.4 points.
- Louisiana is 11-14-1 against the spread this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 5 points or more so far this year, the Ragin’ Cajuns went 3-2-1 against the spread.
- Games involving Louisiana have hit the over 11 times out of 26 chances this year.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns’ 71 points per game are 8.5 more points than the 62.5 the Bobcats allow.
- Louisiana has put together a 10-10-1 ATS record and a 13-10 overall record in games it scores more than 62.5 points.
Texas State vs. Louisiana Over/Under Trends
- Texas State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total of 135.5 points nine times this season.
- In Louisiana’s 26 games this season, 14 have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 135.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 141.7 points per game, 6.2 points more than the total of 135.5 for this matchup.
- The 131.9 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 3.6 fewer than the 135.5 over/under in this contest.
- The Bobcats have seen a 132.6 average over/under in their games this season, 2.9 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is five points fewer than the average over/under in Ragin’ Cajuns’ games this season (140.5 points).
Texas State Team Leaders
- Caleb Asberry: 13.7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.7 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (59-for-150)
- Isiah Small: 10.9 PTS, 7 REB, 1.3 STL, 44.7 FG%, 28.2 3PT% (20-for-71)
- Mason Harrell: 11.6 PTS, 49 FG%, 42.6 3PT% (29-for-68)
- Shelby Adams: 9.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 52.5 FG%, 47.2 3PT% (17-for-36)
- Nighael Ceaser: 8.2 PTS, 59.3 FG%
Louisiana Team Leaders
- Jordan Brown: 14.6 PTS, 8.7 REB, 1.1 BLK, 50.7 FG%, 44 3PT% (11-for-25)
- Kobe Julien: 12.7 PTS, 42 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (45-for-129)
- Theo Akwuba: 9 PTS, 8 REB, 1.8 BLK, 52.5 FG%, 40 3PT% (2-for-5)
- Doudou Gueye: 5.9 PTS, 43.7 FG%, 20 3PT% (5-for-25)
- Greg Williams Jr.: 6.2 PTS, 35.7 FG%, 28.4 3PT% (23-for-81)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.