The Long Beach State Beach (17-11, 11-3 Big West) host the UC Riverside Highlanders (16-10, 9-5 Big West) after winning eight straight home games. The Beach are favored by just 2.5 points in the matchup, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on Saturday, March 5, 2022. The matchup has an over/under set at 142 points.
Long Beach State vs. UC Riverside Predictions
Long Beach State vs. UC Riverside Betting Odds
|Long Beach State||-2.5||142 points|
Long Beach State vs. UC Riverside Last 10 Games
- Long Beach State has a 8-2 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- Long Beach State and its opponents have hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Beach games averaged one fewer point (141) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Beach’s per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 0.8 points higher than their season-long average.
- UC Riverside has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 UC Riverside games have exceeded the set total six times.
- The past 10 Highlanders games averaged 12.7 fewer points (129.3) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Highlanders have scored 4.6 more points per contest compared to their 66.4 PPG season-long scoring average.
Long Beach State vs. UC Riverside Betting Trends
- Long Beach State has gone 18-10-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 2.5 points or more so far this season, the Beach have gone 5-3 against the spread.
- Games involving Long Beach State have hit the over 15 times this season.
- The 74.4 points per game the Beach average are 11.2 more points than the Highlanders give up (63.2).
- Long Beach State is 17-6 against the spread and 17-8 overall when scoring more than 63.2 points.
- UC Riverside has registered a 13-11-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when an underdog by 2.5 points or more, the Highlanders are 4-4 against the spread.
- Games involving UC Riverside have hit the over 10 times out of 24 chances this year.
- The Highlanders put up 6.7 fewer points per game (66.4) than the Beach give up to opponents (73.1).
- When it scores more than 73.1 points, UC Riverside is 5-1 against the spread and 6-1 overall.
Long Beach State vs. UC Riverside Over/Under Trends
- A total of 13 Long Beach State games this season have gone over Saturday’s total of 142 points.
- Five of UC Riverside’s games finished with a combined score over 142 points this season.
- The over/under for the matchup of 142 is 1.2 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Beach (74.4 points per game) and the Highlanders (66.4 points per game).
- This game’s point total is 5.7 fewer points than the 136.3 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the Beach have seen a 143.5 over/under in their games this season, 1.5 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- Highlanders games have an over/under of 129.4 points this season, 12.6 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Long Beach State Team Leaders
- Joel Murray: 15.9 PTS, 1.6 STL, 43.3 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (19-for-58)
- Aboubacar Traore: 8.8 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.5 BLK, 64.1 FG%
- Colin Slater: 14 PTS, 40.2 FG%, 39.6 3PT% (63-for-159)
- Jadon Jones: 10.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 43.7 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (58-for-152)
- Jordan Roberts: 8 PTS, 43.1 FG%, 18.2 3PT% (6-for-33)
UC Riverside Team Leaders
- Zyon Pullin: 13.6 PTS, 45.3 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (12-for-42)
- Callum McRae: 10.9 PTS, 7.9 REB, 54.4 FG%
- Dominick Pickett: 11.6 PTS, 1.5 STL, 47 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (45-for-132)
- Flynn Cameron: 10.4 PTS, 39.8 FG%, 34 3PT% (51-for-150)
- Wil Tattersall: 7.8 PTS, 44.8 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (30-for-86)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.