The No. 6 Kansas Jayhawks (24-6, 13-4 Big 12) host the No. 21 Texas Longhorns (21-9, 10-7 Big 12) after winning five straight home games. The Jayhawks are favored by 6.5 points in the contest, which starts at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, March 5, 2022. The matchup has an over/under of 137.5 points.
Kansas vs. Texas Predictions
Kansas vs. Texas Betting Odds
Kansas vs. Texas Last 10 Games
- Kansas covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Kansas and its opponents have hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Jayhawks games averaged 141.6 total points, 4.1 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Jayhawks’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 3.4 points lower than their season-long average.
- Texas has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Texas games have exceeded the set total six times.
- The Longhorns’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 128.0 points scored. That’s 9.5 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Longhorns have scored 1.4 fewer points per contest compared to their 68.8 PPG season-long scoring average.
Kansas vs. Texas Betting Trends
- Kansas has gone 12-17-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 6.5 points or more so far this season, the Jayhawks have gone 9-11 against the spread.
- Kansas’ games have gone over the total 15 times out of 29 chances this season.
- The 78.9 points per game the Jayhawks record are 19.8 more points than the Longhorns allow (59.1).
- Kansas is 12-17 against the spread and 24-6 overall when scoring more than 59.1 points.
- Texas has registered a 12-17-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Longhorns have yet to cover a spread when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs (0-1).
- Games involving Texas have hit the over 14 times out of 29 chances this year.
- The Longhorns put up an average of 68.8 points per game, the same as the Jayhawks allow to opponents.
- Texas is 9-5 against the spread and 12-2 overall when it scores more than 68.8 points.
Kansas vs. Texas Over/Under Trends
- Kansas and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (137.5 points) 22 times this season.
- This season, 10 of Texas’ games have ended with a score higher than 137.5 points.
- The point total for the game of 137.5 is 10.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Jayhawks (78.9 points per game) and the Longhorns (68.8 points per game).
- The 127.9 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 9.6 fewer than the 137.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the Jayhawks have seen a 142.5 over/under in their games this season, 5.0 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- Longhorns games have an over/under of 130.3 points this season, 7.2 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Kansas Team Leaders
- Ochai Agbaji: 20.2 PTS, 48.7 FG%, 42.2 3PT% (86-for-204)
- Christian Braun: 15.0 PTS, 51.4 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (39-for-104)
- David McCormack: 9.7 PTS, 7.1 REB, 49.5 FG%
- Jalen Wilson: 10.6 PTS, 7.1 REB, 48.4 FG%, 26.9 3PT% (21-for-78)
- Dajuan Harris: 5.5 PTS, 1.5 STL, 43.6 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (13-for-44)
Texas Team Leaders
- Timmy Allen: 12.3 PTS, 1.2 STL, 52.9 FG%, 26.7 3PT% (4-for-15)
- Marcus Carr: 11.2 PTS, 39.4 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (38-for-117)
- Andrew Jones: 10.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 41.2 FG%, 31.8 3PT% (47-for-148)
- Courtney Ramey: 9.0 PTS, 40.3 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (41-for-120)
- Christian Bishop: 6.8 PTS, 59.1 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (2-for-6)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.