The No. 2 seed Appalachian State Mountaineers (18-13, 12-6 Sun Belt) are 5.5-point favorites in the Sun Belt Tournament against the No. 10 seed Georgia Southern Eagles (13-15, 5-11 Sun Belt) on Saturday at Pensacola Bay Center. The game tips off at 8:30 PM, with both teams hoping to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Appalachian State vs. Georgia Southern Predictions
Appalachian State vs. Georgia Southern Betting Odds
|Appalachian State||-5.5||126.5 points|
Appalachian State vs. Georgia Southern Last 10 Games
- Appalachian State has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Appalachian State games has exceeded the set total three times.
- The past 10 Mountaineers games averaged 3.1 more points (129.6) than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their past 10 games, the Mountaineers have scored 1.6 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Georgia Southern covered the spread five times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Georgia Southern’s last 10 contests saw five hit the over.
- The Eagles’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 133 points scored. That’s 6.5 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Eagles’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 62.7, four points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Appalachian State vs. Georgia Southern Betting Trends
- Appalachian State has covered the spread 15 times over 29 games with a set spread.
- The Mountaineers are 3-1 ATS when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- This season, Appalachian State’s games have hit the over 12 times out of 29 chances.
- The Mountaineers score only 1.3 more points per game (66.7) than the Eagles allow (65.4).
- When Appalachian State totals more than 65.4 points, it is 10-4 against the spread and 13-4 overall.
- Georgia Southern has put together a 12-13-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this year when an underdog by 5.5 points or more, the Eagles have gone 6-3 against the spread.
- Games involving Georgia Southern have hit the over 15 times out of 26 chances this year.
- The Eagles score just 4.3 more points per game (66.7) than the Mountaineers allow (62.4).
- Georgia Southern has put together a 6-6 ATS record and a 9-6 overall record in games it scores more than 62.4 points.
Appalachian State vs. Georgia Southern Over/Under Trends
- This season, 16 of Appalachian State’s 29 games have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 126.5 points.
- There have been 17 Georgia Southern games that have ended with a combined score over 126.5 points this season.
- The Mountaineers average 66.7 points per game against the Eagles’ 66.7, totaling 6.9 points over the game’s point total of 126.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 127.8 points per game, 1.3 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Mountaineers games is 131.7 points, 5.2 more than the over/under of 126.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 6.9 points fewer than the average over/under in Eagles’ games this season (133.4 points).
Appalachian State Team Leaders
- Adrian Delph: 17.3 PTS, 41.9 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (94-for-236)
- Donovan Gregory: 10.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 50.2 FG%
- Michael Almonacy: 10.2 PTS, 34.7 FG%, 33.5 3PT% (57-for-170)
- Justin Forrest: 9.1 PTS, 30.1 FG%, 24.7 3PT% (36-for-146)
- James Lewis: 6 PTS, 54.8 FG%
Georgia Southern Team Leaders
- Andrei Savrasov: 10.8 PTS, 49.8 FG%, 32.2 3PT% (19-for-59)
- Kamari Brown: 9.7 PTS, 43.7 FG%, 31.8 3PT% (34-for-107)
- Elijah McCadden: 11.8 PTS, 49.3 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (10-for-45)
- Prince Toyambi: 6.9 PTS, 58.7 FG%
- Cam Bryant: 7.4 PTS, 39.6 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (38-for-113)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.