The Grambling Tigers (11-18, 8-8 SWAC) will try to end a three-game losing streak when they hit the road to take on the Alabama State Hornets (9-21, 7-10 SWAC) on Saturday, March 5, 2022 at Dunn-Oliver Acadome as just 2.5-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 5:30 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is 144.5.
Alabama State vs. Grambling Predictions
Alabama State vs. Grambling Betting Odds
|Alabama State||-2.5||144.5 points|
Alabama State vs. Grambling Last 10 Games
- Alabama State covered the spread five times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Alabama State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in eight of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Hornets games averaged 138.1 total points, 6.4 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Hornets have scored 4.3 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Grambling covered the spread six times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Grambling games have exceeded the set total five times.
- The last 10 Tigers games averaged 135.7 total points, 8.8 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Tigers’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 67.8, 2.2 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Alabama State vs. Grambling Betting Trends
- Alabama State has covered the spread 18 times in 29 games with a set spread.
- In games they were favored in by 2.5 points or more so far this season, the Hornets went 3-3 against the spread.
- This season, Alabama State’s games have hit the over 16 times out of 29 chances.
- The Hornets put up 69.4 points per game, just 1.8 fewer points than the 71.2 the Tigers allow.
- Alabama State is 11-0 against the spread and 8-4 overall when scoring more than 71.2 points.
- Grambling has covered the spread 12 times this season (12-16-0).
- In games they were an underdog in by 2.5 points or more so far this year, the Tigers went 9-9 against the spread.
- Grambling’s games have gone over the total 14 times out of 28 chances this year.
- The Tigers’ 65.6 points per game are 9.6 fewer points than the 75.2 the Hornets give up.
- Grambling has put together a 3-0 ATS record and a 3-0 overall record in games it scores more than 75.2 points.
Alabama State vs. Grambling Over/Under Trends
- Alabama State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total of 144.5 points 14 times this season.
- There have been eight Grambling games that have ended with a combined score higher than 144.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 135 points per game, 9.5 points fewer than the total of 144.5 for this game.
- These two teams give up a combined 146.4 points per game, 1.9 more than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Hornets games is 4.2 points fewer than the over/under of 144.5 points in this matchup.
- A difference of 7.0 points separates this game’s over/under (144.5 points) and the average total points bet in Tigers’ games (137.5 points) this season.
Alabama State Team Leaders
- Kenny Strawbridge: 10.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 45.6 FG%, 26.7 3PT% (16-for-60)
- Gerald Liddell: 10.2 PTS, 44.3 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (15-for-40)
- Isaiah Range: 9.4 PTS, 1.3 STL, 43.5 FG%, 28.9 3PT% (24-for-83)
- Jordan O’Neal: 7.5 PTS, 50.0 FG%
- Trace Young: 11.2 PTS, 41.1 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (29-for-91)
Grambling Team Leaders
- Tra’Michael Moton: 10.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 37.9 FG%, 26.5 3PT% (18-for-68)
- Cameron Christon: 13.2 PTS, 42.4 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (49-for-119)
- Shawndarius Cowart: 7.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.4 FG%, 37.8 3PT% (14-for-37)
- Prince Moss: 7.5 PTS, 35.9 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (17-for-56)
- A.J. Taylor: 7.9 PTS, 41.6 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (20-for-65)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.