The No. 2 seed Winthrop Eagles (21-8, 14-2 Big South) are 6.5-point favorites in the Big South Tournament over the No. 7 seed High Point Panthers (14-17, 7-9 Big South) on Friday at Bojangles’ Coliseum. The contest starts at 6:00 PM, with the winner moving one step closer to securing a guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Winthrop vs. High Point Predictions
Winthrop vs. High Point Betting Odds
Winthrop vs. High Point Last 10 Games
- Winthrop covered the spread six times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- Winthrop and its opponents have hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Eagles games averaged 2.5 fewer points (141) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Eagles’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 2.5 points higher than their season-long average.
- High Point covered the spread six times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- High Point’s past 10 outings saw seven hit the over.
- The last 10 Panthers games averaged 133.2 total points, 10.3 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their past 10 games, the Panthers have scored 1.9 more points per contest compared to their 70.1 PPG season-long scoring average.
Winthrop vs. High Point Betting Trends
- Winthrop is 10-16-0 against the spread this season.
- The Eagles have an ATS record of 4-5 when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- Winthrop games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 15 times out of 26 chances this season.
- The Eagles average 6.2 more points per game (76) than the Panthers allow (69.8).
- Winthrop is 7-7 against the spread and 15-2 overall when scoring more than 69.8 points.
- High Point has covered the spread in a matchup 17 times this year (17-10-1).
- The Panthers have an ATS record of 6-2 when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- This year, 15 of High Point’s games have gone over the point total out of 28 chances.
- The Panthers’ 70.1 points per game are just 0.6 fewer points than the 70.7 the Eagles give up.
- High Point has put together an 8-1 ATS record and a 9-2 overall record in games it scores more than 70.7 points.
Winthrop vs. High Point Over/Under Trends
- This season, Winthrop games have hit the over on this matchup’s 143.5-point total 14 times.
- There have been 11 High Point games that have finished with a combined score higher than 143.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 146.1 points per game, 2.6 points more than the total of 143.5 for this matchup.
- The 140.5 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are three fewer than the 143.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Eagles games is 143.5, matching the over/under of 143.5 for this contest.
- Panthers games have an over/under of 134.7 points this season, 8.8 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Winthrop Team Leaders
- D.J. Burns: 15.3 PTS, 63.5 FG%
- Cory Hightower: 11.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45 FG%, 41.4 3PT% (46-for-111)
- Patrick Good: 11.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 48.2 FG%, 44.2 3PT% (73-for-165)
- Drew Buggs: 5.9 PTS, 49.6 FG%, 41.9 3PT% (18-for-43)
- Kelton Talford: 8.8 PTS, 67.8 FG%
High Point Team Leaders
- Zach Austin: 15 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.3 STL, 2.2 BLK, 43.2 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (66-for-193)
- John-Michael Wright: 18.2 PTS, 41.5 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (60-for-166)
- Jaden House: 12.1 PTS, 45.2 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (36-for-104)
- Bryant Randleman: 7.2 PTS, 1.6 STL, 51 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (3-for-11)
- Alex Holt: 6.6 PTS, 62.3 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.