The Big South conference tournament continues Friday as the No. 4 seed South Carolina Upstate Spartans (13-15, 10-6 Big South) face off against the No. 12 seed Charleston Southern Buccaneers (6-24, 1-15 Big South) at Bojangles’ Coliseum, tipping off at 2:30 PM. South Carolina Upstate is a 6.5-point favorite to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
South Carolina Upstate vs. Charleston Southern Predictions
South Carolina Upstate vs. Charleston Southern Betting Odds
|South Carolina Upstate||-6.5||145.5 points|
South Carolina Upstate vs. Charleston Southern Last 10 Games
- South Carolina Upstate has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- South Carolina Upstate and its opponents have hit the over in eight of those 10 games.
- The Spartans’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 142.2 points scored. That’s 3.3 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During the past 10 games, the Spartans are scoring 1.9 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Charleston Southern has a 1-9 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Charleston Southern and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The Buccaneers’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 138.6 points scored. That’s 6.9 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Buccaneers are scoring 66.1 points per game compared to their 68.7 season average.
South Carolina Upstate vs. Charleston Southern Betting Trends
- South Carolina Upstate has put together a record of 15-10-1 against the spread this season.
- South Carolina Upstate games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 17 times out of 26 chances this season.
- The Spartans average 5.2 fewer points per game (70.9) than the Buccaneers allow (76.1).
- South Carolina Upstate is 5-2-1 against the spread and 7-3 overall when scoring more than 76.1 points.
- Charleston Southern has put together a record of 11-18-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they were an underdog in by 6.5 points or more so far this season, the Buccaneers have gone 7-12 against the spread.
- Charleston Southern’s games have gone over the total 15 times out of 29 chances this year.
- The Buccaneers average only 4.3 fewer points per game (68.7) than the Spartans allow (73).
- When it scores more than 73 points, Charleston Southern is 2-2 against the spread and 3-4 overall.
South Carolina Upstate vs. Charleston Southern Over/Under Trends
- A total of 15 South Carolina Upstate games this season have gone over Friday’s total of 145.5 points.
- This season, 14 of Charleston Southern’s games have ended with a score higher than 145.5 points.
- The total for the matchup of 145.5 is 5.9 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Spartans (70.9 points per game) and the Buccaneers (68.7 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 149.1 points per game, 3.6 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Spartans games is 140.8 points, 4.7 fewer than the over/under of 145.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 4.8 points more than the average over/under in Buccaneers’ games this season (140.7 points).
South Carolina Upstate Team Leaders
- Bryson Mozone: 15.2 PTS, 43.6 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (58-for-157)
- Jordan Gainey: 13.4 PTS, 47.9 FG%, 51.6 3PT% (64-for-124)
- Dalvin White: 9 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 40.4 3PT% (40-for-99)
- Josh Aldrich: 6.1 PTS, 42.8 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (17-for-51)
- Mysta Goodloe: 7.1 PTS, 42.3 FG%, 32.2 3PT% (19-for-59)
Charleston Southern Team Leaders
- Tahlik Chavez: 11.8 PTS, 39.1 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (86-for-234)
- Claudell Harris Jr.: 10.1 PTS, 37.2 FG%, 32.3 3PT% (43-for-133)
- Deontaye Buskey: 9.8 PTS, 33.1 FG%, 27.7 3PT% (51-for-184)
- Cheikh Faye: 7.4 PTS, 34 FG%, 26 3PT% (33-for-127)
- Taje’ Kelly: 9.2 PTS, 60 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.