The No. 7 seed Mercer Bears (15-16, 8-10 SoCon) are favored by 5.5 points in their SoCon Tournament matchup against the No. 10 seed Western Carolina Catamounts (11-20, 5-13 SoCon) on Friday at Harrah’s Cherokee Center Asheville, beginning at 7:30 PM. The winner will move one step closer to earning an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Mercer vs. Western Carolina Predictions
Mercer vs. Western Carolina Betting Odds
Mercer vs. Western Carolina Last 10 Games
- Mercer covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Mercer games has exceeded the set total five times.
- The past 10 Bears games averaged 4.3 fewer points (138.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their past 10 games, the Bears have scored 3.0 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Western Carolina is 4-6 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Western Carolina games have surpassed the set total four times.
- The past 10 Catamounts games averaged 1.3 more points (143.8) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Catamounts have scored 3.9 fewer points per contest compared to their 71.2 PPG season-long scoring average.
Mercer vs. Western Carolina Betting Trends
- Mercer has covered the spread 15 times in 29 games with a set spread.
- The Bears have an ATS record of 1-4 when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- This season, 15 of Mercer’s games have gone over the point total out of 29 chances.
- The Bears score 6.8 fewer points per game (70.3) than the Catamounts give up (77.1).
- When Mercer puts up more than 77.1 points, it is 4-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
- Western Carolina has covered the spread 17 times in 31 games with a set spread.
- In games they were an underdog in by 5.5 points or more so far this season, the Catamounts went 12-9 against the spread.
- Western Carolina games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 15 times out of 32 chances this season.
- The Catamounts put up an average of 71.2 points per game, only 0.4 more points than the 70.8 the Bears allow to opponents.
- Western Carolina is 9-6 against the spread and 8-7 overall when it scores more than 70.8 points.
Mercer vs. Western Carolina Over/Under Trends
- A total of 12 Mercer games this season have gone over Friday’s total of 142.5 points.
- In Western Carolina’s 32 games this season, 21 have finished with more combined scoring than Friday’s point total of 142.5.
- The Bears average 70.3 points per game against the Catamounts’ 71.2, totaling 1.0 point under the matchup’s over/under of 142.5.
- The 147.9 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 5.4 more than the 142.5 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Bears games is 1.8 points fewer than the over/under of 142.5 points in this contest.
- A difference of 4.8 points separates the average total points bet in Catamounts’ games (147.3 points) and this game’s over/under (142.5 points).
Mercer Team Leaders
- Felipe Haase: 14.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 47.6 FG%, 40.2 3PT% (68-for-169)
- Jalen Johnson: 13.6 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 43.1 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (72-for-184)
- James Glisson III: 10.3 PTS, 45.8 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (30-for-88)
- Kamar Robertson: 9.4 PTS, 1.3 STL, 40.7 FG%, 23.7 3PT% (18-for-76)
- Shawn Walker: 5.9 PTS, 39.6 FG%, 25.0 3PT% (18-for-72)
Western Carolina Team Leaders
- Nick Robinson: 14.8 PTS, 7.1 REB, 1.1 STL, 39.3 FG%, 32.0 3PT% (55-for-172)
- Vonterius Woolbright: 9.7 PTS, 44.2 FG%, 25.0 3PT% (6-for-24)
- Cam Bacote: 8.0 PTS, 35.1 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (41-for-139)
- Tyler Harris: 7.4 PTS, 39.0 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (40-for-121)
- Joe Petrakis: 7.9 PTS, 39.4 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (55-for-161)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.