The No. 10 seed Evansville Purple Aces (6-23, 2-16 MVC) are 6-point underdogs in their MVC Tournament matchup against the No. 7 seed Valparaiso Beacons (13-17, 6-12 MVC) on Thursday at Enterprise Center, starting at 9:30 PM. The winner moves one step closer to the conference championship and an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Valparaiso vs. Evansville Predictions
Valparaiso vs. Evansville Betting Odds
Valparaiso vs. Evansville Last 10 Games
- Valparaiso covered the spread five times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- Valparaiso’s past 10 games saw seven go over the total.
- The past 10 Beacons games averaged 5.8 more points (133.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Beacons have a points-per-game average 4.2 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Evansville is 2-8 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- Evansville’s last 10 outings saw six go over the total.
- The last 10 Purple Aces games averaged 126.2 total points, 1.3 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their last 10 games, the Purple Aces have scored 0.3 fewer points per contest compared to their 59.2 PPG season-long scoring average.
Valparaiso vs. Evansville Betting Trends
- Valparaiso has covered the spread 14 times in 27 games with a set spread.
- The Beacons are 2-1 ATS when playing as at least 6-point favorites.
- Valparaiso games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 18 times out of 27 chances this season.
- The Beacons score just 0.4 more points per game (70.8) than the Purple Aces give up (70.4).
- Valparaiso has a 9-2 record against the spread and an 11-2 record overall when scoring more than 70.4 points.
- Evansville is 14-13-0 against the spread this year.
- The Purple Aces are 7-10 ATS when playing as at least 6-point underdogs.
- This year, Evansville’s games have hit the over 13 times out of 27 chances.
- The Purple Aces average 11.8 fewer points per game (59.2) than the Beacons give up to opponents (71).
- When it scores more than 71 points, Evansville is 3-1 against the spread and 0-4 overall.
Valparaiso vs. Evansville Over/Under Trends
- This season, Valparaiso games have gone over this game’s 127.5-point over/under 24 times.
- In Evansville’s 27 games this season, 12 have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s total of 127.5.
- The Beacons average 70.8 points per game against the Purple Aces’ 59.2, totaling 2.5 points over the matchup’s point total of 127.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 141.4 points per game, 13.9 more than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Beacons have seen a 134.3 over/under in their games this season, 6.8 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 0.5 points separates the average total points bet in Purple Aces’ games (128 points) and this contest’s over/under (127.5 points).
Valparaiso Team Leaders
- Ben Krikke: 14.5 PTS, 53.9 FG%, 15.4 3PT% (4-for-26)
- Sheldon Edwards: 11.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 41.2 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (61-for-172)
- Kevion Taylor: 12.9 PTS, 45.1 FG%, 39.9 3PT% (65-for-163)
- Kobe King: 13.5 PTS, 47.5 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (12-for-35)
- Thomas Kithier: 9.8 PTS, 55.7 FG%
Evansville Team Leaders
- Shamar Givance: 13.8 PTS, 1.4 STL, 40.6 FG%, 30.5 3PT% (32-for-105)
- Jawaun Newton: 13.3 PTS, 42.7 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (30-for-92)
- Evan Kuhlman: 6.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 35 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (34-for-98)
- Noah Frederking: 7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 34.7 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (41-for-135)
- Blaise Beauchamp: 8 PTS, 39.3 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (43-for-117)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.