The UTEP Miners (16-12, 9-7 C-USA) are at home in C-USA action against the Rice Owls (15-13, 7-9 C-USA) on Thursday, March 3, 2022 at 9:00 PM ET. The Miners are favored by 6.5 points in the game. The matchup’s over/under is 144.5.
UTEP vs. Rice Predictions
UTEP vs. Rice Betting Odds
UTEP vs. Rice Last 10 Games
- UTEP is 6-4 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- UTEP’s last 10 games saw five go over the total.
- The last 10 Miners games averaged 136.1 total points, 8.4 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Miners are scoring at a rate equal to their season-long scoring average.
- Rice is 4-6 overall and 3-7-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Rice games have surpassed the set total five times.
- The Owls’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 145.3 points scored. That’s 0.8 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Owls have a 71 points-per-game average, 4.8 points below their season-long scoring average.
UTEP vs. Rice Betting Trends
- UTEP has covered the spread 13 times this season (13-12-0).
- The Miners are 4-3 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- UTEP games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 13 times out of 25 chances this season.
- The Miners put up 68.9 points per game, 5.2 fewer points than the 74.1 the Owls give up.
- UTEP is 5-2 against the spread and 8-1 overall when scoring more than 74.1 points.
- Rice has gone 10-16-0 against the spread this season.
- The Owls are 1-5 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Rice games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 16 times out of 27 chances this year.
- The Owls score an average of 75.8 points per game, 9.2 more points than the 66.6 the Miners allow.
- When it scores more than 66.6 points, Rice is 10-9 against the spread and 14-7 overall.
UTEP vs. Rice Over/Under Trends
- This season, seven of UTEP’s 25 games have gone over Thursday’s total of 144.5 points.
- This season, 17 of Rice’s games have ended with a score higher than 144.5 points.
- The Miners average 68.9 points per game against the Owls’ 75.8, totaling 0.2 points over the game’s point total of 144.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 140.7 points per game, 3.8 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Miners games is nine points fewer than the over/under of 144.5 points in this contest.
- Owls’ games have a total points bet of 145.3 points this season, 0.8 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
UTEP Team Leaders
- Souley Boum: 20.2 PTS, 1.7 STL, 40.3 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (53-for-142)
- Jamal Bieniemy: 15.2 PTS, 1.7 STL, 40.3 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (61-for-169)
- Tydus Verhoeven: 6.4 PTS, 50.4 FG%
- Jamari Sibley: 4.9 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (11-for-33)
- Keonte Kennedy: 13.2 PTS, 2 STL, 43 FG%, 30.9 3PT% (17-for-55)
Rice Team Leaders
- Max Fiedler: 9.9 PTS, 7.8 REB, 57.3 FG%, 50 3PT% (2-for-4)
- Carl Pierre: 14.9 PTS, 46.1 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (84-for-204)
- Travis Evee: 14.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.2 FG%, 39.9 3PT% (81-for-203)
- Quincy Olivari: 9.9 PTS, 39.6 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (35-for-102)
- Chris Mullins: 8.3 PTS, 37.7 FG%, 26.4 3PT% (14-for-53)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.