The Michigan State Spartans (19-10, 10-8 Big Ten) are 6-point underdogs as they look to stop a four-game road losing streak when they visit the No. 23 Ohio State Buckeyes (18-9, 11-7 Big Ten) on Thursday, March 3, 2022 at Value City Arena. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET. The point total is set at 141.5 in the matchup.
Ohio State vs. Michigan State Predictions
Ohio State vs. Michigan State Betting Odds
|Ohio State||-6||141.5 points|
Ohio State vs. Michigan State Last 10 Games
- Ohio State has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Ohio State games has gone over the set total five times.
- The last 10 Buckeyes games averaged 141.8 total points, 0.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Buckeyes’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 0.9 points lower than their season-long average.
- Michigan State is 5-5 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- The final scores of the last 10 Michigan State games have surpassed the set total four times.
- The past 10 Spartans games averaged 1.2 fewer points (140.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Spartans have scored five fewer points per contest compared to their 72.1 PPG season-long scoring average.
Ohio State vs. Michigan State Betting Trends
- Ohio State has covered the spread in a matchup 14 times this season (14-12-0).
- In games this season when favored by 6 points or more, the Buckeyes are 7-6 against the spread.
- This season, 15 of Ohio State’s games have gone over the point total out of 26 chances.
- The 74 points per game the Buckeyes put up are 6.1 more points than the Spartans allow (67.9).
- Ohio State is 14-6 against the spread and 16-4 overall when scoring more than 67.9 points.
- Michigan State is 14-13-0 against the spread this year.
- The Spartans have yet to cover the spread (0-1) when they are at least 6-point underdogs.
- This season, Michigan State’s games have hit the over 13 times out of 27 chances.
- The Spartans put up an average of 72.1 points per game, only four more points than the 68.1 the Buckeyes allow.
- Michigan State is 11-6 against the spread and 15-3 overall when it scores more than 68.1 points.
Ohio State vs. Michigan State Over/Under Trends
- This season, 12 of Ohio State’s 26 games have gone over Thursday’s over/under of 141.5 points.
- This season, 12 of Michigan State’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 141.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 146.1 points per game, 4.6 points more than the point total of 141.5 for this contest.
- This game’s total is 5.5 fewer points than the 136 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Buckeyes games is two points fewer than the over/under of 141.5 points in this contest.
- Spartans games have an over/under of 139.9 points this season, 1.6 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Ohio State Team Leaders
- E.J. Liddell: 19.6 PTS, 7.7 REB, 2.6 BLK, 49.7 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (38-for-102)
- Malaki Branham: 12.7 PTS, 48.2 FG%, 43.8 3PT% (32-for-73)
- Zed Key: 8.3 PTS, 56.9 FG%
- Jamari Wheeler: 7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 47.7 FG%, 37.8 3PT% (28-for-74)
- Kyle Young: 8.2 PTS, 51.5 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (15-for-46)
Michigan State Team Leaders
- Marcus Bingham: 8.7 PTS, 2.3 BLK, 54.3 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (9-for-26)
- Gabe Brown: 11.4 PTS, 40.5 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (57-for-158)
- Malik Hall: 9.6 PTS, 53.9 FG%, 49.1 3PT% (27-for-55)
- A.J Hoggard: 6.6 PTS, 5 AST, 41.4 FG%, 28 3PT% (7-for-25)
- Tyson Walker: 8.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.7 FG%, 54.5 3PT% (30-for-55)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.