The Penn State Nittany Lions (12-14, 7-11 Big Ten) are heavy underdogs (by 12.5 points) to break a six-game road losing streak when they visit the No. 20 Illinois Fighting Illini (20-8, 13-5 Big Ten) on Thursday, March 3, 2022 at 7:00 PM ET.
Illinois vs. Penn State Predictions
Illinois vs. Penn State Betting Odds
Illinois vs. Penn State Last 10 Games
- Illinois is 7-3 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- Illinois’ last 10 contests saw six hit the over.
- The Fighting Illini’s per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 3.9 points lower than their season-long average.
- Penn State is 4-6 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- Penn State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The Nittany Lions’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 65, 0.3 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Illinois vs. Penn State Betting Trends
- Illinois has covered the spread in a matchup 13 times this season (13-14-0).
- In games they were favored in by 12.5 points or more so far this season, the Fighting Illini went 3-3 against the spread.
- Illinois games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 17 times out of 27 chances this season.
- The Fighting Illini record 76.9 points per game, 11.2 more points than the 65.7 the Nittany Lions allow.
- Illinois is 13-10 against the spread and 18-5 overall when scoring more than 65.7 points.
- Penn State has covered the spread 13 times in 25 games with a set spread.
- This year, Penn State’s games have hit the over 10 times.
- The Nittany Lions put up an average of 65.3 points per game, only 2.7 fewer points than the 68 the Fighting Illini give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 68 points, Penn State is 3-5 against the spread and 6-2 overall.
Illinois Team Leaders
- Kofi Cockburn: 21.5 PTS, 10.7 REB, 60.1 FG%
- Trent Frazier: 12.6 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.6 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (58-for-165)
- Alfonso Plummer: 15.5 PTS, 44.4 FG%, 42.3 3PT% (88-for-208)
- Jacob Grandison: 10.3 PTS, 45.6 FG%, 40.8 3PT% (53-for-130)
- Da’Monte Williams: 3.8 PTS, 29.5 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (20-for-65)
Penn State Team Leaders
- Jalen Pickett: 12.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 39.8 FG%, 30 3PT% (39-for-130)
- John Harrar: 10.6 PTS, 10.2 REB, 65.5 FG%
- Seth Lundy: 12.3 PTS, 41.2 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (56-for-152)
- Sam Sessoms: 11.6 PTS, 46.1 FG%, 43.9 3PT% (29-for-66)
- Myles Dread: 6.4 PTS, 40.1 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (47-for-118)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.