The No. 8 seed Illinois State Redbirds (12-19, 5-13 MVC) are 1.5-point favorites in the MVC Tournament over the No. 9 seed Indiana State Sycamores (11-19, 4-14 MVC) on Thursday at Enterprise Center. The game tips off at 7:00 PM, with the winner moving one step closer to securing a guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Illinois State vs. Indiana State Predictions
Illinois State vs. Indiana State Betting Odds
|Illinois State||-1.5||144.5 points|
Illinois State vs. Indiana State Last 10 Games
- Illinois State is 2-8 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- Illinois State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Redbirds games averaged 3.6 fewer points (140.9) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Redbirds’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 7.8 points lower than their season-long average.
- Indiana State is 2-7-1 against the spread over its last 10 games, and has a 2-8 straight-up record in those matchups.
- The final scores of the past 10 Indiana State games have exceeded the set total seven times.
- The last 10 Sycamores games averaged 139.3 total points, 5.2 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- During the past 10 games, the Sycamores are scoring 68.3 points per game compared to their 71 season average.
Illinois State vs. Indiana State Betting Trends
- Illinois State is 15-14-1 against the spread this season.
- The Redbirds have an ATS record of 4-5-1 when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- This season, Illinois State’s games have hit the over 19 times out of 30 chances.
- The Redbirds score 74.9 points per game, only 2.5 more points than the 72.4 the Sycamores allow.
- Illinois State has an 11-5 record against the spread and an 11-7 record overall when putting up more than 72.4 points.
- Indiana State has registered an 11-16-1 record against the spread this year.
- The Sycamores have an ATS record of 8-10-1 when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- Indiana State’s games have gone over the total 19 times out of 28 chances this year.
- The Sycamores’ 71 points per game are only 4.3 fewer points than the 75.3 the Redbirds allow to opponents.
- Indiana State has put together a 4-1-1 ATS record and an 8-2 overall record in games it scores more than 75.3 points.
Illinois State vs. Indiana State Over/Under Trends
- Illinois State and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under (144.5 points) 18 times this season.
- In Indiana State’s 28 games this season, 19 have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s total of 144.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 145.9 points per game, 1.4 points more than the over/under of 144.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams give up a combined 147.7 points per game, 3.2 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Redbirds games is 142 points, 2.5 fewer than the over/under of 144.5 points for this contest.
- Sycamores games have an over/under of 140.9 points this season, 3.6 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Illinois State Team Leaders
- Antonio Reeves: 20.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.9 FG%, 39.6 3PT% (74-for-187)
- Kendall Lewis: 9.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 51.6 FG%, 39.7 3PT% (23-for-58)
- Josiah Strong: 11.4 PTS, 40.7 FG%, 41.3 3PT% (78-for-189)
- Mark Freeman: 9 PTS, 39 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (25-for-64)
- Sy Chatman: 13.6 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 55.2 FG%
Indiana State Team Leaders
- Cameron Henry: 14.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 47.9 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (32-for-91)
- Cooper Neese: 15.2 PTS, 40.4 FG%, 31 3PT% (58-for-187)
- Kailex Stephens: 9.7 PTS, 49 FG%, 30.9 3PT% (21-for-68)
- Xavier Bledson: 9.2 PTS, 42.8 FG%, 36 3PT% (18-for-50)
- Julian Larry: 5.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 47.7 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (14-for-39)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.