The No. seed Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (16-12, 8-8 Sun Belt) square off against the No. seed Georgia Southern Eagles (12-15, 5-11 Sun Belt) as 6-point favorites in the Sun Belt Tournament Thursday at Pensacola Bay Center, beginning at 8:30 PM. Both teams will look to take one step closer to earning an automatic place in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia Southern Predictions
Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia Southern Betting Odds
|Coastal Carolina||-6||131.5 points|
Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia Southern Last 10 Games
- Coastal Carolina covered the spread six times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Coastal Carolina’s past 10 outings saw five go over the total.
- The Chanticleers’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 136.5 points scored. That’s five more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Chanticleers have a points-per-game average 5.2 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Georgia Southern has a 4-6 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Georgia Southern games have exceeded the set total four times.
- The past 10 Eagles games averaged 2.5 more points (134) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Eagles’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 60.7, 5.9 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia Southern Betting Trends
- Coastal Carolina has covered the spread 14 times in 24 games with a set spread.
- The Chanticleers are 4-0 ATS when playing as at least 6-point favorites.
- Coastal Carolina’s games have gone over the total 10 times out of 24 chances this season.
- The Chanticleers put up 73.1 points per game, 7.7 more points than the 65.4 the Eagles give up.
- When Coastal Carolina puts up more than 65.4 points, it is 10-5 against the spread and 13-6 overall.
- Georgia Southern has registered an 11-13-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 6-point underdogs or more, the Eagles have an ATS record of 4-2.
- This year, 14 of Georgia Southern’s games have gone over the point total out of 25 chances.
- The Eagles score an average of 66.6 points per game, only 1.5 more points than the 65.1 the Chanticleers give up to opponents.
- Georgia Southern is 6-5 against the spread and 9-5 overall when it scores more than 65.1 points.
Coastal Carolina vs. Georgia Southern Over/Under Trends
- Coastal Carolina and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (131.5 points) 16 times this season.
- In Georgia Southern’s 25 games this season, 14 have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s total of 131.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 139.7 points per game, 8.2 points more than the total of 131.5 for this matchup.
- This game’s over/under is one fewer point than the 130.5 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Chanticleers games is 137.5 points, six more than the over/under of 131.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of two points separates the average total points bet in Eagles’ games (133.5 points) and this game’s over/under (131.5 points).
Coastal Carolina Team Leaders
- Essam Mostafa: 13.4 PTS, 9.4 REB, 1.1 BLK, 49.8 FG%
- Rudi Williams: 13.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 50.7 FG%, 42.5 3PT% (37-for-87)
- Vince Cole: 15.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 43.5 FG%, 41.1 3PT% (76-for-185)
- Ebrima Dibba: 7.8 PTS, 5.7 AST, 1.4 STL, 46.6 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (9-for-24)
- Wilfried Lakayi: 6.3 PTS, 38.6 FG%, 31.5 3PT% (28-for-89)
Georgia Southern Team Leaders
- Andrei Savrasov: 10.7 PTS, 50 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (18-for-56)
- Kamari Brown: 9.7 PTS, 43.5 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (34-for-105)
- Elijah McCadden: 11.6 PTS, 48.8 FG%, 21.4 3PT% (9-for-42)
- Prince Toyambi: 7 PTS, 58.5 FG%
- Cam Bryant: 7.4 PTS, 39.4 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (35-for-107)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.