The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (17-12, 9-7 C-USA) visit the Marshall Thundering Herd (11-18, 4-12 C-USA) in a matchup of C-USA teams at Cam Henderson Center, beginning at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, March 2, 2022. The Hilltoppers are 2.5-point favorites in the game. The point total is set at 154.5 in the matchup.
Western Kentucky vs. Marshall Predictions
Western Kentucky vs. Marshall Betting Odds
|Western Kentucky||-2.5||154.5 points|
Western Kentucky vs. Marshall Last 10 Games
- Western Kentucky covered the spread five times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Western Kentucky and its opponents have hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Hilltoppers games averaged 141.8 total points, 12.7 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Hilltoppers are scoring 1.5 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Marshall has a 4-6 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Marshall games have gone over the set total five times.
- The last 10 Thundering Herd games averaged 148.1 total points, 6.4 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their past 10 games, the Thundering Herd have a 74 points-per-game average, 0.5 points below their season-long scoring average.
Western Kentucky vs. Marshall Betting Trends
- Western Kentucky has registered a 13-13-1 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 2.5 points or more, the Hilltoppers have gone 7-8 against the spread.
- Western Kentucky games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 14 times out of 27 chances this season.
- The 75.6 points per game the Hilltoppers score are the same as the Thundering Herd give up.
- When Western Kentucky scores more than 76.6 points, it is 8-5 against the spread and 13-2 overall.
- Marshall is 7-20-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Thundering Herd have an ATS record of only 2-9.
- Marshall games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 12 times out of 27 chances this season.
- The Thundering Herd’s 74.5 points per game are 5.1 more points than the 69.4 the Hilltoppers allow to opponents.
- Marshall has put together a 6-9 ATS record and a 10-7 overall record in games it scores more than 69.4 points.
Western Kentucky vs. Marshall Over/Under Trends
- Western Kentucky and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s total (154.5 points) six times this season.
- There have been 11 Marshall games that have finished with a combined score higher than 154.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 150.1 points per game, 4.4 points fewer than the over/under of 154.5 for this contest.
- This game’s total is 8.5 fewer points than the 146 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Hilltoppers games is 12.6 points fewer than the over/under of 154.5 points in this contest.
- Thundering Herd games have an over/under of 150.8 points this season, 3.7 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Western Kentucky Team Leaders
- Dayvion McKnight: 15.6 PTS, 5.8 AST, 1.8 STL, 48 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (11-for-34)
- Jamarion Sharp: 7.8 PTS, 7.1 REB, 4.3 BLK, 72 FG%
- Camron Justice: 14.4 PTS, 1.5 STL, 41.4 FG%, 39.5 3PT% (68-for-172)
- Josh Anderson: 12.6 PTS, 2.3 STL, 48 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (32-for-79)
- Jairus Hamilton: 13 PTS, 43.4 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (33-for-104)
Marshall Team Leaders
- Taevion Kinsey: 18.7 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 15.7 3PT% (13-for-83)
- Andrew Taylor: 14.3 PTS, 1.9 STL, 42.4 FG%, 32.4 3PT% (55-for-170)
- Obinna Anochili-Killen: 11.9 PTS, 2.7 BLK, 50 FG%, 32.2 3PT% (28-for-87)
- Darius George: 6.7 PTS, 53.7 FG%, 19.6 3PT% (9-for-46)
- Mikel Beyers: 7.2 PTS, 39.3 FG%, 27.8 3PT% (22-for-79)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.