The Minnesota Golden Gophers (13-14, 4-14 Big Ten) visit the Maryland Terrapins (14-15, 6-12 Big Ten) after losing seven straight road games. The Terrapins are favored by 5.5 points in the contest, which tips at 9:00 PM ET on Wednesday, March 2, 2022. The over/under for the matchup is set at 138.5.
Maryland vs. Minnesota Predictions
Maryland vs. Minnesota Betting Odds
Maryland vs. Minnesota Last 10 Games
- Maryland is 4-6 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Maryland and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The Terrapins’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 138.7 points scored. That’s 0.2 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their last 10 games, the Terrapins have a points-per-game average 0.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Minnesota covered the spread five times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 2-8 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Minnesota games have surpassed the set total four times.
- The last 10 Golden Gophers games averaged 136.3 total points, 2.2 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- In the last 10 games, the Golden Gophers are scoring 64.7 points per game compared to their 67.6 season average.
Maryland vs. Minnesota Betting Trends
- Maryland is 13-16-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 5.5-point favorites or more, the Terrapins have an ATS record of 2-6.
- This season, 13 of Maryland’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Terrapins score 70.6 points per game, just 1.8 more points than the 68.8 the Golden Gophers allow.
- When Maryland scores more than 68.8 points, it is 8-6 against the spread and 11-3 overall.
- Minnesota has covered the spread in a game 12 times this season (12-14-0).
- In games they have played as 5.5-point underdogs or more, the Golden Gophers have an ATS record of 5-8.
- Minnesota’s games have gone over the total 14 times out of 26 chances this season.
- The Golden Gophers put up an average of 67.6 points per game, just 2.6 fewer points than the 70.2 the Terrapins give up.
- When it scores more than 70.2 points, Minnesota is 8-5 against the spread and 10-3 overall.
Maryland vs. Minnesota Over/Under Trends
- This season, 12 of Maryland’s 29 games have gone over Wednesday’s over/under of 138.5 points.
- A total of 13 of Minnesota’s games finished with a combined score over 138.5 points this season.
- The total for the matchup of 138.5 is 0.3 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Terrapins (70.6 points per game) and the Golden Gophers (67.6 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 139 points per game, 0.5 more than this contest’s over/under.
- The over/under for this contest, 138.5 points, is the same as the average over/under in Terrapins games this season.
- The over/under for this game is 2.8 points more than the average over/under in Golden Gophers’ games this season (135.7 points).
Maryland Team Leaders
- Fatts Russell: 14.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 41.2 FG%, 35 3PT% (41-for-117)
- Donta Scott: 12.6 PTS, 43 FG%, 29.7 3PT% (35-for-118)
- Eric Ayala: 14.4 PTS, 38.5 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (64-for-189)
- Hakim Hart: 9.7 PTS, 1.5 STL, 53 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (29-for-83)
- Qudus Wahab: 7.9 PTS, 56.4 FG%
Minnesota Team Leaders
- Payton Willis: 16 PTS, 1.6 STL, 47.9 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (67-for-156)
- Jamison Battle: 16.5 PTS, 45 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (64-for-176)
- Eric Curry: 7.8 PTS, 42.4 FG%
- E.J. Stephens: 10.8 PTS, 43 FG%, 40.6 3PT% (39-for-96)
- Luke Loewe: 8.7 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (32-for-92)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.