The No. 5 Auburn Tigers (25-4, 13-3 SEC) are 3.5-point favorites as they look to stop a three-game road losing streak when they square off against the Mississippi State Bulldogs (17-12, 8-8 SEC) on Wednesday, March 2, 2022 at Humphrey Coliseum. The contest airs at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 139.5.
Auburn vs. Mississippi State Predictions
Auburn vs. Mississippi State Betting Odds
Auburn vs. Mississippi State Last 10 Games
- Auburn is 7-3 overall and 3-6-1 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Auburn’s past 10 contests saw five hit the over.
- The Tigers’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 144.3 points scored. That’s 4.8 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Tigers’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is three points lower than their season-long average.
- Mississippi State has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Mississippi State’s last 10 contests saw three hit the over.
- The past 10 Bulldogs games averaged 1.3 fewer points (138.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Bulldogs’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 65, 6.6 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Auburn vs. Mississippi State Betting Trends
- Auburn is 18-10-1 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 3.5-point favorites or more, the Tigers have an ATS record of 16-7-1.
- This season, 16 of Auburn’s games have gone over the point total.
- The 79.1 points per game the Tigers record are 12.9 more points than the Bulldogs give up (66.2).
- Auburn has a 17-6-1 record against the spread and a 22-2 record overall when scoring more than 66.2 points.
- Mississippi State has covered the spread 15 times in 30 games with a set spread.
- In games this year when an underdog by 3.5 points or more, the Bulldogs are 3-3 against the spread.
- Mississippi State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 15 times out of 30 chances this season.
- The Bulldogs put up only 4.7 more points per game (71.6) than the Tigers allow their opponents to score (66.9).
- Mississippi State is 13-7 against the spread and 15-5 overall when it scores more than 66.9 points.
Auburn vs. Mississippi State Over/Under Trends
- This season, Auburn games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 139.5-point over/under 19 times.
- There have been 13 Mississippi State games that have finished with a combined score higher than 139.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 150.7 points per game, 11.2 points more than the total of 139.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams surrender a combined 133.1 points per game, 6.4 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Tigers have seen a 145.1 average over/under in their games this season, 5.6 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 1.6 points more than the average over/under in Bulldogs’ games this season (137.9 points).
Auburn Team Leaders
- Walker Kessler: 11.8 PTS, 8.1 REB, 4.6 BLK, 63.7 FG%, 20.9 3PT% (9-for-43)
- Jabari Smith: 16.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.5 FG%, 42.2 3PT% (65-for-154)
- Wendell Green Jr.: 12.2 PTS, 1.6 STL, 36.5 FG%, 30.9 3PT% (50-for-162)
- K.D. Johnson: 12.5 PTS, 2 STL, 40 FG%, 30.7 3PT% (39-for-127)
- Devan Cambridge: 5.8 PTS, 41.8 FG%, 24.3 3PT% (18-for-74)
Mississippi State Team Leaders
- Iverson Molinar: 18.1 PTS, 1.2 STL, 47.7 FG%, 26.5 3PT% (26-for-98)
- Garrison Brooks: 10.8 PTS, 46.6 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (21-for-62)
- D.J. Jeffries: 9.6 PTS, 42.8 FG%, 29.7 3PT% (27-for-91)
- Shakeel Moore: 8.8 PTS, 1.7 STL, 40.4 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (39-for-117)
- Cameron Matthews: 3.3 PTS, 1.4 STL, 53.2 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (4-for-12)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.