The Louisville Cardinals (12-16, 6-12 ACC) are heavy underdogs (+10.5) as they attempt to break a seven-game road losing streak when they visit the Virginia Tech Hokies (18-11, 10-8 ACC) on Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at Cassell Coliseum. The game airs at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 132.5.
Virginia Tech vs. Louisville Predictions
Virginia Tech vs. Louisville Betting Odds
|Virginia Tech||-10.5||132.5 points|
Virginia Tech vs. Louisville Last 10 Games
- Virginia Tech has a 7-3 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Virginia Tech and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The Hokies’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 132.8 points scored. That’s 0.3 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Hokies are scoring 1.6 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Louisville covered the spread three times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 2-8 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Louisville games have gone over the set total four times.
- The Cardinals’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 139.5 points scored. That’s seven more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Cardinals’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 66.9, 1.5 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Virginia Tech vs. Louisville Betting Trends
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread 15 times this season (15-13-0).
- The Hokies have a perfect 8-0 ATS record when playing as at least 10.5-point favorites.
- This season, Virginia Tech’s games have hit the over 13 times out of 28 chances.
- The 69.8 points per game the Hokies put up are the same as the Cardinals give up.
- Virginia Tech has an 11-3 record against the spread and a 13-1 record overall when putting up more than 70.4 points.
- Louisville has covered the spread nine times in 28 games with a set spread.
- This season, 11 of Louisville’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Cardinals score 6.6 more points per game (68.4) than the Hokies allow their opponents to score (61.8).
- Louisville has put together an 8-15-1 ATS record and a 12-12 overall record in games it scores more than 61.8 points.
Virginia Tech vs. Louisville Over/Under Trends
- This season, Virginia Tech games have hit the over on this matchup’s 132.5-point total 13 times.
- This season, 18 of Louisville’s games have ended with a score higher than 132.5 points.
- The point total for the game of 132.5 is 5.7 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Hokies (69.8 points per game) and the Cardinals (68.4 points per game).
- The 132.2 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 0.3 fewer than the 132.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Hokies games is 133.2 points, 0.7 more than the over/under of 132.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is seven points fewer than the average over/under in Cardinals’ games this season (139.5 points).
Virginia Tech Team Leaders
- Keve Aluma: 15.8 PTS, 53.5 FG%, 29.3 3PT% (17-for-58)
- Justyn Mutts: 10 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.2 STL, 53.4 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (14-for-39)
- Hunter Cattoor: 10 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.7 FG%, 41.8 3PT% (69-for-165)
- Nahiem Alleyne: 10 PTS, 36.5 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (52-for-142)
- Storm Murphy: 7.7 PTS, 43.1 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (42-for-121)
Louisville Team Leaders
- Malik Williams: 9.3 PTS, 7.6 REB, 1.3 STL, 46.1 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (22-for-72)
- Jarrod West: 5.8 PTS, 1.3 STL, 37.2 FG%, 29.8 3PT% (25-for-84)
- Noah Locke: 9.9 PTS, 36.7 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (60-for-173)
- Dre Davis: 8 PTS, 44.1 FG%, 22.4 3PT% (11-for-49)
- Jae’Lyn Withers: 6 PTS, 41.6 FG%, 23.8 3PT% (15-for-63)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.