The North Carolina Tar Heels (21-8, 13-5 ACC) are 7-point favorites as they look to build on a three-game winning streak when they host the Syracuse Orange (15-14, 9-9 ACC) on Monday, February 28, 2022 at Dean Smith Center. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is 156.5.
North Carolina vs. Syracuse Predictions
North Carolina vs. Syracuse Betting Odds
|North Carolina||-7||156.5 points|
North Carolina vs. Syracuse Last 10 Games
- North Carolina is 8-2 overall and 5-4-1 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- North Carolina and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Tar Heels games averaged 9.6 fewer points (146.9) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Tar Heels have scored 0.3 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Syracuse covered the spread five times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Syracuse and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Orange games averaged 9.6 fewer points (146.9) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During the past 10 games, the Orange are scoring 75.1 points per game compared to their 76.8 season average.
North Carolina vs. Syracuse Betting Trends
- North Carolina has covered the spread 13 times this season (13-15-1).
- The Tar Heels have an ATS record of 6-8 when playing as at least 7-point favorites.
- North Carolina games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 17 times this season.
- The Tar Heels average just 2.9 more points per game (77.7) than the Orange give up (74.8).
- North Carolina is 8-5-1 against the spread and 13-2 overall when scoring more than 74.8 points.
- Syracuse is 15-15-0 against the spread this season.
- The Orange are 1-4 ATS when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- This year, 16 of Syracuse’s games have gone over the point total out of 30 chances.
- The Orange’s 76.8 points per game are just 4.7 more points than the 72.1 the Tar Heels give up to opponents.
- Syracuse is 13-5 against the spread and 14-4 overall when it scores more than 72.1 points.
North Carolina vs. Syracuse Over/Under Trends
- A total of 10 North Carolina games this season have gone over Monday’s over/under of 156.5 points.
- This season, 12 of Syracuse’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 156.5 points.
- The Tar Heels average 77.7 points per game against the Orange’s 76.8, totaling two points under the matchup’s over/under of 156.5.
- This matchup’s total is 9.6 fewer points than the 146.9 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Tar Heels have seen a 148.2 average over/under in their games this season, 8.3 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 9.3 points more than the average over/under in Orange’s games this season (147.2 points).
North Carolina Team Leaders
- Armando Bacot: 16.3 PTS, 12.4 REB, 1.8 BLK, 59.1 FG%
- Caleb Love: 15.3 PTS, 1.2 STL, 39.2 FG%, 38.8 3PT% (64-for-165)
- Brady Manek: 13.9 PTS, 48.6 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (65-for-169)
- RJ Davis: 13.2 PTS, 45.8 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (49-for-123)
- Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black: 4.9 PTS, 50 FG%, 41.9 3PT% (13-for-31)
Syracuse Team Leaders
- Buddy Boeheim: 19.1 PTS, 1.4 STL, 40.6 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (78-for-236)
- Cole Swider: 12.9 PTS, 43.1 FG%, 39.4 3PT% (65-for-165)
- Jimmy Boeheim: 13.4 PTS, 46.9 FG%, 38 3PT% (30-for-79)
- Joseph Girard III: 13.4 PTS, 1.7 STL, 39.9 FG%, 41.3 3PT% (76-for-184)
- Jesse Edwards: 12 PTS, 1.1 STL, 2.8 BLK, 69.1 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.