The Nebraska Cornhuskers (7-21, 1-16 Big Ten) are heavy underdogs (+10.5) as they try to break a four-game losing streak when they visit the Penn State Nittany Lions (12-13, 7-10 Big Ten) at 7:00 PM ET on Sunday, February 27, 2022 at Bryce Jordan Center. The point total is 137.5 in the matchup.
Penn State vs. Nebraska Predictions
Penn State vs. Nebraska Betting Odds
|Penn State||-10.5||137.5 points|
Penn State vs. Nebraska Last 10 Games
- Penn State has a 4-6 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Penn State games has surpassed the set total three times.
- The last 10 Nittany Lions games averaged 130.9 total points, 6.6 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Nittany Lions’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 2.0 points lower than their season-long average.
- Nebraska covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 1-9 record straight-up in those games.
- Nebraska and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of the past 10 games.
- The Cornhuskers’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 149.5 points scored. That’s 12.0 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Cornhuskers have scored 1.2 fewer points per contest compared to their 72.5 PPG season-long scoring average.
Penn State vs. Nebraska Betting Trends
- Penn State is 13-11-0 against the spread this season.
- The Nittany Lions are winless against the spread when they have played as 10.5-point favorites or more (0-3).
- Penn State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under nine times this season.
- The Nittany Lions average 14.5 fewer points per game (65.1) than the Cornhuskers allow (79.6).
- Penn State is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall when scoring more than 79.6 points.
- Nebraska is 13-14-0 against the spread this season.
- The Cornhuskers have an ATS record of 4-5 when playing as at least 10.5-point underdogs.
- Nebraska’s games have gone over the total 17 times out of 27 chances this year.
- The Cornhuskers score 7.9 more points per game (72.5) than the Nittany Lions give up to opponents (64.6).
- When it scores more than 64.6 points, Nebraska is 13-11 against the spread and 7-17 overall.
Penn State vs. Nebraska Over/Under Trends
- Seven Penn State games this season have gone over Sunday’s over/under of 137.5 points.
- In Nebraska’s 27 games this season, 25 have finished with more combined scoring than Sunday’s over/under of 137.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 137.6 points per game, 0.1 points more than the point total of 137.5 for this matchup.
- This matchup’s total is 6.7 fewer points than the 144.2 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Nittany Lions games is 133.7 points, 3.8 fewer than the over/under of 137.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 9.5 points separates the average total points bet in Cornhuskers’ games (147.0 points) and this matchup’s over/under (137.5 points).
Penn State Team Leaders
- Jalen Pickett: 12.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 39.6 FG%, 30.2 3PT% (38-for-126)
- John Harrar: 10.7 PTS, 10.2 REB, 65.0 FG%
- Seth Lundy: 12.3 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 37.2 3PT% (54-for-145)
- Sam Sessoms: 11.6 PTS, 45.6 FG%, 43.1 3PT% (28-for-65)
- Myles Dread: 6.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 39.3 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (46-for-117)
Nebraska Team Leaders
- Alonzo Verge Jr.: 13.8 PTS, 5.0 AST, 1.6 STL, 44.6 FG%, 28.9 3PT% (13-for-45)
- Bryce McGowens: 16.6 PTS, 39.7 FG%, 26.7 3PT% (35-for-131)
- Derrick Walker: 9.2 PTS, 67.9 FG%
- C.J. Wilcher: 8.0 PTS, 44.9 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (44-for-114)
- Lat Mayen: 5.6 PTS, 37.0 FG%, 30.1 3PT% (25-for-83)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.