The Northern Kentucky Norse (17-11, 13-6 Horizon) host the Youngstown State Penguins (18-12, 12-8 Horizon) in a matchup of Horizon teams at BB&T Arena at Northern Kentucky, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 26, 2022. The Norse are 5.5-point favorites in the game. The matchup’s point total is set at 138.
Northern Kentucky vs. Youngstown State Predictions
Northern Kentucky vs. Youngstown State Betting Odds
|Northern Kentucky||-5.5||138 points|
Northern Kentucky vs. Youngstown State Last 10 Games
- Northern Kentucky has a 8-2 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- Northern Kentucky and its opponents have hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The Norse’s past 10 outings have ended with an average of 136.2 points scored. That’s 1.8 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Norse have scored 1.5 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Youngstown State has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Youngstown State’s last 10 outings saw six hit the over.
- The Penguins’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 137.8 points scored. That’s 0.2 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Penguins have scored 0.5 more points per contest compared to their 73.2 PPG season-long scoring average.
Northern Kentucky vs. Youngstown State Betting Trends
- Northern Kentucky is 13-13-0 against the spread this season.
- The Norse are 4-5 ATS when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- This season, 12 of Northern Kentucky’s games have gone over the point total out of 26 chances.
- The 69.9 points per game the Norse average are just 0.7 more points than the Penguins give up (69.2).
- Northern Kentucky has a 10-2 record against the spread and a 14-0 record overall when putting up more than 69.2 points.
- Youngstown State has covered the spread in a matchup 14 times this year (14-14-0).
- The Penguins are 2-3 ATS when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- This year, Youngstown State’s games have hit the over 16 times out of 28 chances.
- The Penguins put up 7.2 more points per game (73.2) than the Norse give up to opponents (66).
- Youngstown State is 9-9 against the spread and 14-6 overall when it scores more than 66 points.
Northern Kentucky vs. Youngstown State Over/Under Trends
- Northern Kentucky and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (138 points) 13 times this season.
- There have been 15 Youngstown State games that have ended with a combined score higher than 138 points this season.
- The total for the contest of 138 is 5.1 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Norse (69.9 points per game) and the Penguins (73.2 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 135.2 points per game, 2.8 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Norse games is 137.2 points, 0.8 fewer than the over/under of 138 points for this contest.
- A difference of 2.4 points separates the average total points bet in Penguins’ games (140.4 points) and this contest’s over/under (138 points).
Northern Kentucky Team Leaders
- Sam Vinson: 11.7 PTS, 2 STL, 39.9 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (43-for-127)
- Marques Warrick: 15.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 38.2 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (66-for-193)
- Trevon Faulkner: 11.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 39.6 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (54-for-141)
- Adrian Nelson: 7 PTS, 7.6 REB, 57.6 FG%
- Chris Brandon: 5.3 PTS, 67.4 FG%
Youngstown State Team Leaders
- Michael Akuchie: 14.3 PTS, 8 REB, 47.6 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (26-for-79)
- Dwayne Cohill: 14.1 PTS, 46.2 FG%, 39.2 3PT% (29-for-74)
- Tevin Olison: 12.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.3 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (56-for-156)
- Shemar Rathan-Mayes: 8.4 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 42.1 3PT% (32-for-76)
- Myles Hunter: 5.7 PTS, 48.3 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (14-for-46)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.