The Vanderbilt Commodores (14-13, 6-9 SEC) visit the Mississippi State Bulldogs (16-12, 7-8 SEC) after losing five straight road games. The Bulldogs are favored by 6.5 points in the contest, which starts at 1:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 26, 2022. The point total is 135.5 for the matchup.
Mississippi State vs. Vanderbilt Predictions
Mississippi State vs. Vanderbilt Betting Odds
|Mississippi State||-6.5||135.5 points|
Mississippi State vs. Vanderbilt Last 10 Games
- Mississippi State covered the spread four times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have combined to hit the over two times in those games.
- The Bulldogs’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 137.9 points scored. That’s 2.4 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Bulldogs are scoring 8.9 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Vanderbilt is 4-6 overall and 6-3-1 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- The final scores of the past 10 Vanderbilt games have exceeded the set total seven times.
- The last 10 Commodores games averaged 138.4 total points, 2.9 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Commodores are scoring 69.1 points per game compared to their 69.4 season average.
Mississippi State vs. Vanderbilt Betting Trends
- Mississippi State has registered a 15-14-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 6.5 points or more, the Bulldogs have gone 9-4 against the spread.
- This season, 14 of Mississippi State’s games have gone over the point total out of 29 chances.
- The Bulldogs put up 71.5 points per game, only 4.6 more points than the 66.9 the Commodores allow.
- Mississippi State has a 13-6 record against the spread and a 14-5 record overall when scoring more than 66.9 points.
- Vanderbilt has registered a 15-11-1 record against the spread this year.
- In games this season when an underdog by 6.5 points or more, the Commodores are 3-3-1 against the spread.
- This year, Vanderbilt’s games have hit the over 14 times.
- The Commodores average just 3.3 more points per game (69.4) than the Bulldogs give up to opponents (66.1).
- Vanderbilt has put together a 14-5-1 ATS record and a 14-6 overall record in games it scores more than 66.1 points.
Mississippi State vs. Vanderbilt Over/Under Trends
- Mississippi State and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (135.5 points) 13 times this season.
- This season, 17 games Vanderbilt played finished with a combined score over 135.5 points.
- The Bulldogs average 71.5 points per game against the Commodores’ 69.4, amounting to 5.4 points over the contest’s total of 135.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 133 points per game, 2.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Bulldogs games is 138 points, 2.5 more than the over/under of 135.5 points for this contest.
- Commodores’ games have a total points bet of 137.9 points this season, 2.4 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Mississippi State Team Leaders
- Iverson Molinar: 18 PTS, 1.1 STL, 47.5 FG%, 27.1 3PT% (26-for-96)
- Garrison Brooks: 11 PTS, 47.4 FG%, 35 3PT% (21-for-60)
- D.J. Jeffries: 9.6 PTS, 42.3 FG%, 29.7 3PT% (27-for-91)
- Shakeel Moore: 8.8 PTS, 1.7 STL, 40.1 FG%, 33 3PT% (38-for-115)
- Cameron Matthews: 3.3 PTS, 1.4 STL, 54.1 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (4-for-12)
Vanderbilt Team Leaders
- Scotty Pippen Jr.: 19.7 PTS, 2 STL, 42.5 FG%, 30.7 3PT% (43-for-140)
- Jordan Wright: 11.9 PTS, 1.5 STL, 39.4 FG%, 33 3PT% (32-for-97)
- Quentin Millora-Brown: 5.7 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 63.2 FG%
- Myles Stute: 8.3 PTS, 45 FG%, 43.3 3PT% (55-for-127)
- Jamaine Mann: 5.5 PTS, 50.7 FG%, 16.7 3PT% (2-for-12)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.