The Virginia Tech Hokies (17-11, 9-8 ACC) visit the Miami Hurricanes (20-8, 12-5 ACC) after winning three road games in a row. The Hurricanes are favored by only 1.5 points in the contest, which begins at 3:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 26, 2022. The point total is 140 in the matchup.
Miami vs. Virginia Tech Predictions
Miami vs. Virginia Tech Betting Odds
Miami vs. Virginia Tech Last 10 Games
- Miami has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Miami’s last 10 games saw five go over the total.
- The past 10 Hurricanes games averaged 1.2 fewer points (138.8) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During the past 10 games, the Hurricanes are scoring 3.5 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Virginia Tech is 7-3 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- Virginia Tech’s last 10 outings saw five hit the over.
- The last 10 Hokies games averaged 133.1 total points, 6.9 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Hokies’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 71.1, 1.3 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Miami vs. Virginia Tech Betting Trends
- Miami has covered the spread 15 times in 28 games with a set spread.
- The Hurricanes are 7-11 ATS when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- This season, Miami’s games have hit the over 16 times.
- The 74.9 points per game the Hurricanes score are 13.4 more points than the Hokies allow (61.5).
- Miami has a 15-10 record against the spread and a 20-5 record overall when putting up more than 61.5 points.
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread 14 times over 27 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 1.5-point underdogs or more, the Hokies have an ATS record of 2-2.
- Games involving Virginia Tech have hit the over 12 times out of 27 chances this season.
- The Hokies put up only one fewer point per game (69.8) than the Hurricanes allow (70.8).
- Virginia Tech has put together a 10-3 ATS record and a 12-1 overall record in games it scores more than 70.8 points.
Miami vs. Virginia Tech Over/Under Trends
- This season, Miami games have gone over this game’s 140-point total 16 times.
- In Virginia Tech’s 27 games this season, 10 have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 140.
- The point total for the contest of 140 is 4.7 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Hurricanes (74.9 points per game) and the Hokies (69.8 points per game).
- The 132.3 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 7.7 fewer than the 140 total in this contest.
- On average, the Hurricanes have seen a 141.6 over/under in their games this season, 1.6 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- Hokies games have an over/under of 133 points this season, seven points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Miami Team Leaders
- Kameron McGusty: 17.7 PTS, 1.8 STL, 47.2 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (48-for-130)
- Isaiah Wong: 15.1 PTS, 45.2 FG%, 28.9 3PT% (35-for-121)
- Charlie Moore: 12.7 PTS, 2 STL, 45.7 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (49-for-126)
- Jordan Miller: 9.1 PTS, 1.7 STL, 53.3 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (19-for-61)
- Sam Waardenburg: 8.5 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 53.4 FG%, 45.3 3PT% (29-for-64)
Virginia Tech Team Leaders
- Keve Aluma: 15.7 PTS, 52.5 FG%, 29.3 3PT% (17-for-58)
- Justyn Mutts: 10.1 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.3 STL, 53.2 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (14-for-39)
- Hunter Cattoor: 10 PTS, 42.7 FG%, 42.1 3PT% (67-for-159)
- Nahiem Alleyne: 10.3 PTS, 36.5 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (52-for-140)
- Storm Murphy: 7.9 PTS, 43.2 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (42-for-119)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.