The Illinois State Redbirds (11-19, 4-13 MVC) will try to stop a five-game losing streak when they host the Indiana State Sycamores (11-18, 4-13 MVC) at 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 26, 2022 as 3-point favorites. The Sycamores have lost four games in a row. The matchup has an over/under of 145.5.
Illinois State vs. Indiana State Predictions
Illinois State vs. Indiana State Betting Odds
|Illinois State||-3||145.5 points|
Illinois State vs. Indiana State Last 10 Games
- Illinois State has a 1-9 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Illinois State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Redbirds games averaged 4.5 fewer points (141) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Redbirds’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 7.3 points lower than their season-long average.
- Indiana State is 2-7-1 against the spread and 2-8 overall over its last 10 contests.
- Indiana State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The Sycamores’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 139.1 points scored. That’s 6.4 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Sycamores’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 66.9, 4.3 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Illinois State vs. Indiana State Betting Trends
- Illinois State is 14-14-1 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 3 points or more, the Redbirds are 3-5-1 against the spread.
- Games involving Illinois State have hit the over 18 times out of 29 chances this season.
- The Redbirds record only 2.7 more points per game (74.6) than the Sycamores give up (71.9).
- Illinois State has a 10-5 record against the spread and a 10-7 record overall when putting up more than 71.9 points.
- Indiana State has put together an 11-15-1 record against the spread this season.
- In games this year when an underdog by 3 points or more, the Sycamores are 7-9-1 against the spread.
- Games involving Indiana State have hit the over 18 times out of 27 chances this season.
- The Sycamores put up only 4.4 fewer points per game (71.2) than the Redbirds allow (75.6).
- When it scores more than 75.6 points, Indiana State is 4-1-1 against the spread and 8-2 overall.
Illinois State vs. Indiana State Over/Under Trends
- This season, 16 of Illinois State’s 29 games have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 145.5 points.
- In Indiana State’s 27 games this season, 18 have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 145.5.
- The Redbirds average 74.6 points per game against the Sycamores’ 71.2, totaling 0.3 points over the matchup’s point total of 145.5.
- This matchup’s over/under is two fewer points than the 147.5 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Redbirds games is 142 points, 3.5 fewer than the over/under of 145.5 points for this contest.
- Sycamores games have an over/under of 140.8 points this season, 4.7 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Illinois State Team Leaders
- Antonio Reeves: 20 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.3 FG%, 39 3PT% (71-for-182)
- Kendall Lewis: 9.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.1 BLK, 51.1 FG%, 39.7 3PT% (23-for-58)
- Josiah Strong: 11.5 PTS, 41.5 FG%, 42.3 3PT% (77-for-182)
- Sy Chatman: 13.6 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 55.2 FG%
- Mark Freeman: 8.8 PTS, 37.6 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (23-for-61)
Indiana State Team Leaders
- Cameron Henry: 15 PTS, 1.1 STL, 48.2 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (32-for-90)
- Cooper Neese: 15.8 PTS, 40.8 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (57-for-182)
- Kailex Stephens: 9.6 PTS, 48.7 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (21-for-67)
- Xavier Bledson: 9.5 PTS, 43.5 FG%, 36 3PT% (18-for-50)
- Micah Thomas: 10.2 PTS, 42.9 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (38-for-114)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.