The Ohio Bobcats (23-5, 14-3 MAC) are favored (by 7 points) to continue a six-game home win streak when they host the Akron Zips (18-9, 11-6 MAC) on Friday, February 25, 2022 at 6:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 131.5 points.
Ohio vs. Akron Predictions
Ohio vs. Akron Betting Odds
Ohio vs. Akron Last 10 Games
- Ohio has a 8-2 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Ohio and its opponents have hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Bobcats games averaged 12.3 more points (143.8) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their last 10 games, the Bobcats have a points-per-game average 1.0 point above their season-long scoring average.
- Akron is 6-4 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- Akron’s past 10 games saw four hit the over.
- The last 10 Zips games averaged 134.5 total points, 3.0 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Zips are scoring 67.6 points per game compared to their 70.6 season average.
Ohio vs. Akron Betting Trends
- Ohio has covered the spread in a game 13 times this season (13-14-0).
- In games this season when favored by 7 points or more, the Bobcats are 7-9 against the spread.
- This season, 14 of Ohio’s games have gone over the point total out of 27 chances.
- The Bobcats put up 74.5 points per game, 11.9 more points than the 62.6 the Zips allow.
- Ohio is 12-9 against the spread and 21-1 overall when scoring more than 62.6 points.
- Akron has compiled a 12-13-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 7-point underdogs or more, the Zips have an ATS record of 1-1.
- This year, Akron’s games have hit the over 12 times out of 26 chances.
- The Zips put up only 4.2 more points per game (70.6) than the Bobcats give up (66.4).
- Akron is 9-4 against the spread and 14-1 overall when it scores more than 66.4 points.
Ohio vs. Akron Over/Under Trends
- Ohio and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s total (131.5 points) 19 times this season.
- A total of 12 of Akron’s games finished with a combined score higher than 131.5 points this season.
- The over/under for the game of 131.5 is 13.6 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Bobcats (74.5 points per game) and the Zips (70.6 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 129 points per game, 2.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Bobcats have seen a 143.5 over/under in their games this season, 12.0 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 4.7 points fewer than the average over/under in Zips’ games this season (136.2 points).
Ohio Team Leaders
- Mark Sears: 19.3 PTS, 1.8 STL, 45.6 FG%, 41.9 3PT% (44-for-105)
- Ben Vander Plas: 13.6 PTS, 1.8 STL, 45.3 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (52-for-157)
- Jason Carter: 13.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 1.1 BLK, 46.6 FG%, 26.5 3PT% (22-for-83)
- Miles Brown: 6.7 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (31-for-87)
- Ben Roderick: 7.3 PTS, 36.2 FG%, 22.1 3PT% (21-for-95)
Akron Team Leaders
- Enrique Freeman: 13.1 PTS, 11.2 REB, 1.3 BLK, 64.5 FG%
- Xavier Castaneda: 12.6 PTS, 40.0 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (58-for-152)
- Ali Ali: 13.8 PTS, 46.2 FG%, 38.7 3PT% (36-for-93)
- Greg Tribble: 7.0 PTS, 1.2 STL, 47.0 FG%, 25.0 3PT% (5-for-20)
- Bryan Trimble Jr.: 10.4 PTS, 36.1 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (61-for-180)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.